Map of D1 Football programs

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
giant16
New Recruit

Map of D1 Football programs

Post by giant16 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:16 am

Have been checking for spring practice & any news.
Was looking at the upcoming schedule and wasn't sure about status of Liberty.

Anyway had never seen a map of D1 schools.
Seeing this, certainly shows the limited local teams to bring in to help with attendance.
Thought it was interesting to see it and wanted to share.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... l_programs

Liberty begins FBS this year.
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liber ... 100ab.html

palidog
New Recruit

Re: Map of D1 Football programs

Post by palidog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Most states have just one or two teams nearby. Only Ohio, Texas and Florida have more than three or four and each has just one to three major programs, except Texas.

West Point is near NYC and there are 22 million people within 75 miles. Attracting fans would be easy if the place was easy to get into, parking was available, we are competitive and the opposing team is well known.

Trust me, I had to sell two tickets for the Stanford game four years ago. I got top dollar for those seats; three times ticket price. For Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Colgate? I cannot give them away

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Maybe the government could build a MONORAIL from Times Square to West Point.
I'll take that up with the Secretary of the Interior. That would be a great sell.
It would be built right next to the Hudson and you could advertise the game for a beautiful October day watching America's Favorite Team (Army, of course) with gorgeous views of the Hudson along the way.

well... it's an idea! :? :?

rbmarmy
New Recruit

Post by rbmarmy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 am

From where I live upstate people back in the 40's reserved a rail car for the Army/Navy game No DWI''s We miss passenger service on this side of river.

rbmarmy
New Recruit

Post by rbmarmy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 am

Lets build the Monorail all the to New York Stewart International Airport in Newburgh, with a stop on Highland Falls, (avoid West Point) security reasons.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic