Spring Football Coverage

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
New Recruit

Spring Football Coverage

Post by RABBLE » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Except for Sal sometimes, the football coverage by Army Sports.com has been virtually non-existent.
As fans, we have been completely uninformed as to anything that is going on. I think some of us would like to know something that is going on.
Maybe everyone is either on vacation or busy getting out this years increased pricing list and receiving the possible interest (I don't really know why) the reason being the home schedule is not all that exciting that you want to write home to mother about.
All innocent questions about like: what is the situation about Bradshaw? Now they say he is graduating in May. How can that be that he has a semester to go and can graduate in May now.
Will the new Supe make the call?
Is Carter done?
How about the latest dropouts and defections?
Give us some news BEFORE we take the time to get interested in mailing our ticket applications in and show a modicum of interest in what's happening out there.
Hello? Is anybody around?
Even Sal can't find out. :?

ArmyFan1995
New Recruit

Re: Spring Football Coverage

Post by ArmyFan1995 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:27 am

I don't think it falls on Sal .. he has been so thorough in the past that he would not drop off of the face of the earth without reason.

Billy Wagner who runs Navy coverage posts just about every little detail from Navy practices on his Twitter feed.

With all of the "press" we received leading up to the AN game and the bowl game I would bet that he might have been asked to tone down the coverage. Or since we have new QB, some new coaches, maybe some tweaks to the offense based on the new starters etc why give away everything we are doing in the spring?

Thanks to Billy we know Navy is having a lot of trouble with QBs and that their offense has generally been a mess. But it is spring ball so take that with a grain of salt.

Whatever is going on I do not mind it ... if I don't know then neither does Duke

ArmyFan1995
New Recruit

Post by ArmyFan1995 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:45 am

And I am happy with the home slate ... I would like to see a whole bunch of 64-6 vs. grinding my teeth over Buffalo, EMU, Temple, Duke

michie29
New Recruit

Post by michie29 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Don't think Rabble is referring to touts on new formations, tactics, etc., but more along the lines of what players from among the underclassmen are rising through the ranks, etc. Monken made such a comment about Mike Johnson, an OL who missed last season with a torn ACL suffered in pre-season practice.
Information such as "the first 45 minutes of the session was dedicated to special trams, the squad then separated into seven on seven competition and finished with an arm wrestling contest" which is typical on the "Go Army" site, not only keeps Duke in the dark, but adds nothing to heighten the interest of its core advocates. One would think that a school which harbors aspirations of a Top Twenty Five ranking should be able to sustain the enthusiasm of its fans through interesting, informative communications.

BigNick
New Recruit

Post by BigNick » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:22 pm

I agree with michie29 above. We are not asking for the "State Secrets" - just some solid information on what is happening especially with regard to the progress of players etc. This total black-out or just generic comments are not keeping the fan base energized.

BigNick
New Recruit

Post by BigNick » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:32 am

Another "non-article" from Army football today-the team did this drill then that drill, followed by another drill. Zero insight into Spring Practice.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:49 pm

Oh my heavens, I'm not looking for anything intricate on what they are doing on the field but I sure would like to just know the progress of the guys as they prepare for the season like injuries, who will be playing, who are sideline or not participating this spring and the more day-to day experiences of some of the players how they feel about the coming season. Such reports have been scanty. The only way you can show the interest of the fans in the off season, so to speak, is really just talk about generally what is going on around the program.
Building excitement is a key element in selling tickets which is going to be a tough sell in the first place with two FCS teams on the slate and such luminaries as Liberty, San Jose State and Hawaii which are not exactly stellar national powerhouses.
Marketing your product thru news reports will help this coming season. I am a bit disappointed this spring on this lack of coverage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic