ARMY SEARCHES FOR ANOTHER WELL-GROUNDED LEADER

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.

oldgrad74
New Recruit

Re: ARMY SEARCHES FOR ANOTHER WELL-GROUNDED LEADER

Post by oldgrad74 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:09 pm

The article said Bradshaw & Hopkins were roommates last year. Can someone explain to me how that works (apart from they shared a room)? A Firstie & a Yearling sharing a room? Not criticizing just wondering if this is an in season thing or what.

gabn92
New Recruit

Post by gabn92 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Maybe roommates while on the road for away games? Also, I believe the team goes off post to a hotel on Friday nights of home games so they are away from the barracks...so maybe they are referring to those times and not to the rest is the semester which would be back in the company area with own classmates.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sat May 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Best of Luck to Kelvin Hopkins. He will have a tough act to follow. We wish him well in his quest at QB.

gaetano01
New Recruit

Post by gaetano01 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 pm

So did Bradshaw graduate last week or not?

1-0
New Recruit

Post by 1-0 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:14 pm

He did not. Sal posted a tweet that says he will graduate in August. It would have been great to have Bradshaw another year, but at this point it is time to move on. Let's see if the coaching staff can coach up Kelvin

LoneStarPhan
New Recruit

Post by LoneStarPhan » Thu May 31, 2018 1:55 am

I agree. Sure, another year of Bradshaw would be great from the standpoint of the football team, but if he can complete all requirements and graduate in August, then that is the right thing to do.

Every player will move on eventually and be replaced. I am more confident that the current coaching staff will put a solid team on the field for the coming season than I would have been only a few years ago.

hammerdown
New Recruit

Post by hammerdown » Thu May 31, 2018 9:21 am

After watching Kelvin Hopkins come off the bench and drive Army 80 yards with less than
2 minutes against Temple, we have a leader.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:11 pm

I sure hope Cadet Hopkins can be the leader that Bradshaw was for us.

I ask a question tho, how many of you would think under the same situation in a civilian college, would a guy with a year of eligibility left and credits to be earned would have actually graduate in August like the situation Bradshaw is currently in at the moment instead of sticking around and graduate in December?

OK, he graduates in August. Goes on leave for a bit (October lets say) and the becomes a grad assistant at West Point for the football team. Then when the 2018 season is over, he then gets his first Army assignment.

I don't know that will happen but it has happened before on MANY occasions, so why not Bradshaw?
Be honest, wouldn't you , like us all Army fans, like him to play another year for us than just coaching from the sidelines?
I know I would. That is my honest opinion but I 'aint Ahmad.
WAs it his decision to forego another year of eligibility or somebody else's decision, like the Army trying to avoid "talk" that the academy is trying to pull a "fast" one like Nap Mcallum at Navy and some guys at Air Force years ago.

Gee, I don't know, do I? :roll: :roll:

Is it all politics?

My opinion? Oh yeah. ;)

gaetano01
New Recruit

Post by gaetano01 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Would be pretty fun to hear the announcers explain every game why he was playing a 5th year. Great exposure there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic