Tear down that..... East Stands?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.

guppie58
New Recruit

Re: Tear down that..... East Stands?

Postby guppie58 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Welp. I guess I hadn't refreshed the page when I posted the same topic. I think it looks great!

armyfan1993
New Recruit

Postby armyfan1993 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:34 pm

I think this is a wonderful idea, and to hear that Corrigan is giving it full support and that he's impressed by it is even better. The visuals and renders of what was proposed look amazing, love the idea of having Memorial Plaza as well as having the team run out under The Corps. Will be very interesting to hear what the timeline and cost for this project is.

wpgrad
New Recruit

Postby wpgrad » Wed May 09, 2018 8:53 am

The michie game day experience pretty much sucks. Horrible concessions, bad lines, inedible food. One year they ran out of hot dogs. How do you run out of hot dogs?

So, an idea like this would be huge

Cost? Gotta be $100m. They are basically building half of a stadium

keco616
New Recruit

Postby keco616 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:29 pm

wpgrad wrote:The michie game day experience pretty much sucks. Horrible concessions, bad lines, inedible food. One year they ran out of hot dogs. How do you run out of hot dogs?

So, an idea like this would be huge

Cost? Gotta be $100m. They are basically building half of a stadium

Accessibility is a major problem. At the Duke game where the crowd was large, my group missed the entire second quarter trying to get from section 14 to the corner end zone in efforts to get a sandwich. The aisles are just insufficient for any type of crowd.

guppie58
New Recruit

Postby guppie58 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:16 pm

I would hope that with the new east stands, they'll have additional access points to resolve the issue. I have been to a number of games as a graduate, and I agree that it takes ages to get in and out of the stadium.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Postby RABBLE » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 pm

I think the concept is terrific,
A question tho. will the seating capacity be bigger?
Also, how about installing hand railings for the rest of the stadium? Very few places do not have railings on steps. We have been awful lucky that somebody has not fallen down the steps someplace and gotten seriously hurt or killed.
With Lusk so close to the stadium anyway, there is little chance for expansion and plaza to be fit in unless you go up and in so doing the river would be no longer visible in any seat in Michie.

Return to “Black Knights Alley”