Michie Stadium

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Re: Michie Stadium

Post by RABBLE » Sat May 19, 2018 1:57 pm

If this comes to pass and demolishment and construction takes place, we will probably have a small seating capacity for a football season unless the Army Corps of Engineers puts ever available man in the district to work around the clock to get the job finished in 9 months. That would be a hardy task to say the least.

All AWAY games for a season? I hope not.

Giant110
New Recruit

Post by Giant110 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:53 pm

I heard this talked about a while ago. From what I understand IF construction is started prior to the 2020 season the Oklahoma home game may be moved. Rumors are Metlife in NJ or the cotton Bowl stadium on Dallas which would likely get 70,000 OU fans. If construction is not started until after that game the powers at WP want to keep it at Michie.

The sad thing is rabble will miss his loyal restroom he used under the east stands for years.

From what I understand this in the end would slightly increase seating in Michie adding luxary boxes besides the new east stands. So still around 40,000 + .

Giant110
New Recruit

Post by Giant110 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:05 pm

When TCU demolished all but the lower seating bowl on it's west stands of Amon Carter Stadium a few years ago TCU played home games with about 20,000 or so of the reaming seats until the 2 new decks were built. They did move the Armed Forces Bowl though to SMU as I am sure everyone remembers in 2010. TCU rebuilt it's east stands a few years later and it now has 2 levels. They are adding above that with luxary boxes and outdoor seats for another $100 million.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed May 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Oh yeah, here we go again. Just another reason to play our home game with Oklahoma on the road again. Playing OUR HOME GAME possibility in the Cotton Bowl will be another travesty to our program.
When the hell our we going to get smart for once?
Either at Michie or not at all no matter what will transpire with our stadium.
We have pulled this crap before with Texas AM so why not again?
We remain suckers to the whims of the Almighty Dollar if this happens. My blood will boil or my embalming fluid will boil if I 'aint around by then.

NOBODY, I mean NOBODY except Army, would ever entertain such a thought. Done it once and will do it again. No wonder everybody takes us for dumb buns because we prove it. We are dumb buns.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic