Early Line

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
stash76
New Recruit

Early Line

Post by stash76 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:00 am

Here is the early line showing Army 10 1/2 point underdog to Duke:
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... eek-1-2018

Early Line and prediction:
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/05 ... dictions/2
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Re: Early Line

Post by RABBLE » Wed May 23, 2018 3:58 pm

That's about right.

Inexperienced QB, AWAY game, untested Offensive line.

Army should NEVER open the season AWAY with a tough opener like this.

Spells big time trouble.

Army will be 1-2 in the first quarter of season. Duke loss, close win over Liberty and the usual smash loss in our annual money game with of all teams, Oklahoma.

It will be very tough for the team to win bowl qualified 6 by the Navy game.

I think a realistic scenario at this stage of the year, before summer camp in August.

Don't all of you yell at me at once.
0 x

guppie58
New Recruit

Post by guppie58 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Yeah, that Temple game in 2016 really sucked. If only we didn't start that year on the road against a heavy favorite.....
0 x
It doesn't take better players. It takes a better TEAM.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Do you want me to count the times in AWAY opining games that we have lost? Temple was the exception.

You ALWAYS play your opener at HOME. It is a huge advantage to do so. That is why most teams who think clearly think it thru, play their usual stiff at HOME (sometimes an FBS team) to chalk up their first bowl eligible win in their first game of the season. We apparently do not think it thru.

What we do is play a couple of stiffs at the end of the season which makes no damn sense at all. The bowl executives want some competition between teams to see what they got before making their selections.
Beating Lafayette and Colgate (one doesn't even count for a bowl bid) is ridiculous that time of the year.
0 x

FSUBulldog0
New Recruit

Post by FSUBulldog0 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Give me the points. Should be a close game. I don’t see either side blowing out the opponent. Should be interesting to see Hopkins make his first start in his home state.
0 x

1-0
New Recruit

Post by 1-0 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:30 am

I will take the points. If we limit turn overs and force one or two we should be fine. It won't be an easy game as Duke is well coached and will be ready, but if you are going to be considered a formidable program these are games you have to play and win.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic