Academic Progress Rankings (APR)

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
USMA76
New Recruit

Academic Progress Rankings (APR)

Post by USMA76 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:14 pm

We're 21st which is just ok. Navy is fourth and AF is second. Are we having higher attrition than usual on the football team under Monken? Would like to be at least top ten.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/05 ... r-rankings

wpgrad
New Recruit

Re: Academic Progress Rankings (APR)

Post by wpgrad » Sat May 26, 2018 6:54 pm

I’d rather be 21st and win the CiC every year

1-0
New Recruit

Post by 1-0 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:27 am

Agree, APR is fine, but winning the CIC every year is the more important than being in the top 10 in APR.

We have had a few guys (Tyler Campbell, Christian Poe,etc.) drop out because they decided the Army wasn't for them. That will happen and it hurts the APR, probably happens a bit more now given the number of guys Monken is bringing in which is really the only advantage we have when it comes to recruiting.

USMA76
New Recruit

Post by USMA76 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Interestingly, Notre Dame (who sets the bar for academic sanctimony) comes in at #74.

As stated previously, #20 with the CIC trophy is nice but I just hate being behind the zoomies and squids in anything. :D

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Mon May 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Absolutely SHOCKING !!
Notre Dame comes in at #74 ?

Gee, I thought Notre Dame is always number 1 in everything academic.

Maybe they have relaxed their academic standing, sacrificing their academia to win more football games.

I never thought that possible!! :D :D :D

Proving my long standing thought that Notre Dame is no different than anybody else--GLORY OVER ACADEMIA!!

michie29
New Recruit

Post by michie29 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:38 am

usma 76:
You really nailed it on the "academic sanctimony" of that ersatz Roman Catholic institution of higher learning in the midwest. Below are just a few of the examples of their duplicity regarding their hallowed football program:
1950's -- The Heap/Guglielmi post season "suspension."
1950's -- The infamous "Fainting Irish" ploys to befuddle officials
1970's -- The embrace of the six gang rapists as if they were converted Muslims
1990's -- The largess spread among the players by "Kim Booster"
2000's -- The six drug- possessing, weapons- possessing vandals featured in the Chicago Tribune
And these are just a few of the examples illustrating your apt phrasing.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:49 pm

I'll add a couple more to that list--

Lou Holtz- "Just read, the book, "under the Tarnished Dome". Holtz led a few question marks everywhere he ever coached.

Rudy-- Another Notre Dame hype in that movie where it told the story of Dan Devine who said the laying of various players at the time putting their uniforms of the desk of Coach Devine UNLESS "RUDY" could play was a complete fabrication . Devine was quoted after the movie was released said that if ANY Notre Dame player did that, they would have been thrown off the team. Total ND BS.

TV Contract by NBC-- At the time, ND muscled the network into a long term contract that barred any FBS school being televised on that network unless it was Notre Dame being the home team. That still hold true today. When is the last time you saw a college football game on NBC during the regular season that did not have Notre Dame as one of the participants?

Folks , I could go on and on about the Notre Dame "mystique" on many more occasions than I just mentioned like the Notre Dame President at the time, Rev. Ted Hesburgh, who once proclaimed that "college Football needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs College Football".

What bombast! If it was not for the Notre Dame Football program, Notre Dame would still be a small Catholic midwestern college who nobody ever heard of.

Oh, It I being a Catholic is being Anti-Catholic, I happen to like Boston College and Villanova because they do not foster their faith on their shoulder pads.
As I always say, Notre Dame is no better or worse than any college team in America but always they are the first to tell you that they are the best.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic