Army - NC State

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
prairie
New Recruit

Army - NC State

Post by prairie » Mon May 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Heading up to Raleigh on Friday night with my daughter (NC State freshman) for the opening game. One of us will come back a winner... :)

RABBLE
New Recruit

Re: Army - NC State

Post by RABBLE » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:22 pm

May the winner be...

DAD !! :D

JKillerK
New Recruit

Post by JKillerK » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Army won! 5 -1

AirCav07
New Recruit

Post by AirCav07 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Great game by Army! The announcers kept commenting on how well we play "small ball." Also, they were reading the different classes that the cadets take and they both had no idea what "survival swimming" entailed. :D

Biggest upset of the tournament so far. Let's get another win tomorrow against Auburn. Hopefully Auburn doesn't pitch their Ace, which will be odds in favorite to be the overall #1 In the upcoming draft.

prairie
New Recruit

Post by prairie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:09 am

Just an amazing game. Army scored its first run (3d inning) on a ground ball out to first. The runner on second base was going on the pitch. There’s aggressive base running but this was something else. Took huge advantage of a momentary lapse in the infield.

The second Army run was also manufactured. A walk, stolen base, and an error followed by a sac fly. No hits but a run. Crowd was getting antsy.

The freshman NC State pitcher was almost untouchable but he was getting frustrated at the slow pace of the game and not getting some pitches called his way. When he was lifted in the 5th inning, that’s when Army started hitting.

NC State fans seem to know the game very well and they were impressed with the disciplined play. Couple of fans behind us commented about how they’ve never seen this many bunt attempts and successful sacrifices in a game. It was said admiringly, not in a disparaging manner.

Best baseball game I’ve seen in my life and I’ve seen the Braves in the 90’s and the Cardinals in the 80’s

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic