Stan Brock--Option "stupid idea"

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
michie29
New Recruit

Re: Stan Brock--Option "stupid idea"

Post by michie29 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:51 am

Phan:
There is voluminous, incontrovertible evidence suggesting that Bob Sutton is a very good man. There is virtually none to suggest that he was an effective head college football coach.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:48 pm

I know Bob Sutton was not a great and effective head coach but I can name a few that followed him were a lot worse.
Throw in a couple of ADs that followed and what do you get in the end? Losses and frustration.

michie29
New Recruit

Post by michie29 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 am

Rab:
Sounds like, if we used a health analogy, that you would agree that Sutton took a program from a healthy condition and left it in critical condition and that his successors up to "Rip Van Ellerson" made it terminal.

GoBlackKnights85
New Recruit

Post by GoBlackKnights85 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Brock's playbook was trash but he was a damn good recruiter. If someone more capable than Ellerson had taken the reins from him in '09 we could have had started the turnaround half a decade earlier with Brock's recruits. We also had a couple of decent wins and close losses against far superior teams during his two seasons. He obviously was not the man for the job but I don't think his shortcomings were for a lack of trying or appreciation for the team or the academy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic