Superintendent Leaves June 22

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
LoneStarPhan
New Recruit

Re: Superintendent Leaves June 22

Post by LoneStarPhan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:14 am

If these reports of the next supe are correct, I believe USMA and Army football will be fine.

Interestingly, there appear to be two Army 3 stars with this same first and last name. One was a football player at West Point (defensive lineman), Class of 1983 and the other was a Distinguished Military Graduate of the Hampton Institute ROTC Program and was commissioned into the Army Quartermaster Corps in 1983.
0 x

wp1994
New Recruit

Post by wp1994 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:49 pm

LoneStarPhan wrote:If these reports of the next supe are correct, I believe USMA and Army football will be fine.

Interestingly, there appear to be two Army 3 stars with this same first and last name. One was a football player at West Point (defensive lineman), Class of 1983 and the other was a Distinguished Military Graduate of the Hampton Institute ROTC Program and was commissioned into the Army Quartermaster Corps in 1983.
There is a minor difference in spelling of their first names: Darryl (our guy) vs. Darrell (the other guy). I think it’s now well beyond “safe to say” these reports are correct. Both GEN Milley and LTG Caslen mentioned LTG Williams by name in their speeches at yesterday’s ceremony. Both also stayed out of trouble by using he caveat, “if confirmed by the Senate.” The apparent hope is to have him in place NLT R-Day. Waiting on the Senate...

Beat ‘em!
0 x
Beat 'em!

ArmyRoadFan7
New Recruit

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 am

Whoever the new superintendent is I hope the drop the Army West Point and simply go back to Army.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Army West Point should drop the West Point part unless Navy uses NAVY ANNAPOLIS and the AIR FORCE uses COLORADO SPRINGS and the Space Academy uses SPACE MARS.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:45 pm

I wonder if the new Supe issued his first press release stating, "that we are giving up football--too expensive."

I wonder if he could do that?

Well, I guess he could but I don't think he would be too popular around the post, except for a few profs who would welcome the news. Probably most Senators would also get on board with that one also.

I would have to shift my loyalty to the U.S. SPACE FORCE MARSMEN.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic