Preseason Predictions for Every Game

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.

JKillerK
New Recruit

Re: Preseason Predictions for Every Game

Post by JKillerK » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:33 am

Orlando Sentinel puts us at #55 pre season. A lt better than being 100+ in the rankings.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:53 pm

I guess we can all predict what the final record will be for any upcoming season. It all depends who and where and at one time the key injuries will appear. We must continue to build our depth so when a key player does go down, the shock of the loss of that player will be minimized.

1-0
New Recruit

Post by 1-0 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:04 pm

If we can finish 8-4 going into a bowl game, while winning the CIC, I think we can live with that. If we can win 1 or 2 more, that is just the cherry on top.

Let's just focus on Duke for now, nothing else matters.

rbmarmy
New Recruit

Post by rbmarmy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:56 am

Duke may define the season. I have been around too long.

JKillerK
New Recruit

Post by JKillerK » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:40 am

Duke has always played well against the option. Our big advantage playing them this year is playing them first. They don't have the opportunity to play someone like Navy before we play them. Second they will have to adjust to this years version of the option and our new QB on the fly.

losttribe
New Recruit

Post by losttribe » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:59 am

JKillerK wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:40 am
Duke has always played well against the option. Our big advantage playing them this year is playing them first. They don't have the opportunity to play someone like Navy before we play them. Second they will have to adjust to this years version of the option and our new QB on the fly.
Duke will be a very hard game. As you mentioned, they play well against the option and while we do play them first, they will have extra time to prepare.

To me, the worst part of the schedule is having Lafayette and Colgate back to back at the end of the season. We will go into Navy not played a D1 team in over a month. Hopefully, there will be benefits to having a chance to heal.

GoBlackKnights85
New Recruit

Post by GoBlackKnights85 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Hmmm, they have us losing to Buffalo and EMU but sweeping Air Force and Navy. That would have sounded preposterous just 1-2 years ago but it's actually quite plausible nowadays.

FSUBulldog0
New Recruit

Post by FSUBulldog0 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:39 pm

GoBlackKnights85 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 pm
Hmmm, they have us losing to Buffalo and EMU but sweeping Air Force and Navy. That would have sounded preposterous just 1-2 years ago but it's actually quite plausible nowadays.
I think Buffalo will be a difficult game. We should beat EMU though. They also lose a number of pieces off last year’s team.

Duke’s biggest loss is their defensive coordinator that has given the option fits through the years. They did promote from within but that loss may affect their option defense that has historically been pretty good. They do return a number of good defensive players. I just wonder what the loss of the DC means to them.

I do expect us to beat AFA and Navy again. I just can’t see Perry staying healthy all year at Navy and getting AFA at home should give us a bit of advantage after getting that monkey off our back last year.

losttribe
New Recruit

Post by losttribe » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:49 am

FSUBulldog0 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:39 pm
GoBlackKnights85 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 pm
I think Buffalo will be a difficult game. We should beat EMU though. They also lose a number of pieces off last year’s team.

Duke’s biggest loss is their defensive coordinator that has given the option fits through the years. They did promote from within but that loss may affect their option defense that has historically been pretty good. They do return a number of good defensive players. I just wonder what the loss of the DC means to them.

I do expect us to beat AFA and Navy again. I just can’t see Perry staying healthy all year at Navy and getting AFA at home should give us a bit of advantage after getting that monkey off our back last year.
I thought EMU was going to take a step back losing their QB but they have an Iowa transfer ready to go. I saw Athlon has two Duke defensive players 2nd team All America. Neither game will be easy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic