LSU Game and an interesting comment on scheduling

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
USMANole
New Recruit

Re: LSU Game and an interesting comment on scheduling

Post by USMANole » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Another problem for Army in scheduling is the offense we run.

Who in their right mind would want to schedule us, if they had other "options"....pun intended?
0 x

wp1994
New Recruit

Post by wp1994 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:00 pm

wpgrad wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:28 pm

I'll be VERY curious to see the 2019 schedule. Right now, every thing I have seen has only 11 games on the schedule. I'll be curious to see who the 12th game ends up being. Navy, Air Force, Michigan, Morgan State, Tulane, WKU, Georgia State, San Jose State, Hawaii, VMI and UMASS. Who is our 12th game? Is it Rice?
I have no idea of this site’s track record, or its accuracy, but they say the answer is “Rice.” I’d say that’s a good game for us.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/army/

Beat ‘em!
0 x
Beat 'em!

Giant110
New Recruit

Post by Giant110 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:19 pm

Army has Michigan next year. After that future games vs Oklahoma (home ?) Wisconsin, Tennessee and LSU.
After the rebuilding of the Michie east stands ( whenever that happens depending on when $ cones in) the seating capacity from what I have heard from someone (it is a big secret it seems) will increase from around 38,000 to over 50,000. If this is true I bet a bunch of Schools may have a new interest in playing at Michie with a potential higher gate$ .
The SEC,Big10 and Big12 considers Army a "power 5" School when scheduling non conference games. These conferences have asked their nember Schools to schedule all future non conference games vs only power 5 Schools. This is to get teams higher rankings and better consideration for a playoff spot. So after all currently contracted games are played you may not see matchups like Sputh Carolina vs The Citadel or Texas vs UTEP. Army will have more options to play SEC,Big 10 and Big12 Schools.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:33 pm

About Michie's possibility of expanding to 50,000 seats, how can we possibly provide parking for all those cars.

Maybe bus the fans from Highland Falls or Fort Montgomery. I'm sure the residents from those places would not appreciate all those busses traveling thru their streets. :roll:
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic