What we need to see versus liberty

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Armyfan
New Recruit

Re: What we need to see versus liberty

Post by Armyfan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:59 pm

I, as many of you, thought we got away from our game. Let's leave Walker at slot or let him line-up behind the QB as he did often vs Navy two yrs ago,as I recall. ... and run the ball!!!
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:07 pm

Woolfolk was tired. Not from playing football but trotting on and off the field the whole game. What is with not settling on one fullback to play the majority of the game? What is with Walker playing QB? What is with Hopkins putting up 21 passes all night? What is with where on 3rd down, instead of plowing straight ahead with a couple of runs to make a first down to keep that drive going, our coaching staff decides we are the greatest passing team in the country and throws an incomplete pass? Then Landon (The Toe) Salyers with the fancy colored shoes kicks a beautiful ball straight ahead from the hash mark. Not blaming the kid but if he is the best we got, our kicking game is kaput.

All of a sudden we are worried about a first year FBS team in Liberty and a team that is throwing the football like Slingin' Sammy Baugh used to decades ago in Hawai'i with that Run n' Shoot offense they got.

Penciled in as two sure wins pre-season, now we got concerns that we can't even beat them now. If we don't, we will have an 0-4 start to this year that will be then one-third old. Oklahoma? yeah, right.

As I always say, "August hopes sometimes turn into September realities.
0 x

Armyfan
New Recruit

Post by Armyfan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Search the Corps for a placekicker. Surely, the soccer lads might have someone...or even the soccer ladies. We have 7 placekickers on the roster, and we can't find a guy who can make a cheap shot FG! Maybe the lady's soccer squad has someone who'd like to make history? I hope using the term "ladies" dpesn't offend anyone. I'm old school.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Apply some pressure on Buckshot.
Open up some lanes so our FB studs can run thru for 5 yards a clip.

Give me a chance to kick as a walk on. I'm deadly from 10 yards out. :lol:
0 x

Sly Fox
New Recruit

Post by Sly Fox » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Liberty alum here who is enjoying your discourse.

Our defense has not fared well against the Triple Option in recent years. So we are nervous about what your running game can do to us.

As for Buck, he can sling it with anyone. He does have a tendency on occasion to force some throws. But we have probably the best set of WRs you will see all year outside of Norman. I am predicting a relatively high-scoring game unless you run game shortens up the clock considerably.
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:30 pm

Sly Fox wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:05 pm
Liberty alum here who is enjoying your discourse.

Our defense has not fared well against the Triple Option in recent years. So we are nervous about what your running game can do to us.

As for Buck, he can sling it with anyone. He does have a tendency on occasion to force some throws. But we have probably the best set of WRs you will see all year outside of Norman. I am predicting a relatively high-scoring game unless you run game shortens up the clock considerably.
Given your good QB and great wide recievers, thankfully Army is historically bad versus the pass
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 pm

SHOW ME A QB (Calvert) WHO CAN SLING THE FOOTBALL AND WR'S WHO CAN CATCH THE BALL WITH SPEED WITH NO PRESSURE ON THE GUY WHO IS THROWING THE FOOTBALL AND I'LL SHOW YOU A TEAM THAT CAN BEAT ARMY.
If Liberty can do that, they may go back to Lynchburg with a win on Saturday.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic