Army vs Buffalo In Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
armyfan1993
New Recruit

Re: Army vs Buffalo In Game Thread

Post by armyfan1993 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:05 pm

"I think Jay Bateman is the most underrated defensive coordinator in the country" - the CBS color commentator. Strong, strong take right there. High praise for Coach.

LoneStarPhan
New Recruit

Post by LoneStarPhan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Cam Thomas running the team as the grind the clock down.

LoneStarPhan
New Recruit

Post by LoneStarPhan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:13 pm

FINAL

Army 42
Buffalo 13

Army defense continues to hold teams well below their average points scored per game coming into the game. A solid win for Army today against a Buffalo team coming into the game undefeated.

armyfan1993
New Recruit

Post by armyfan1993 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:16 pm

First home loss for any Buffalo team in nearly 2 years apparently. Big big road win against a good BUF team. Definitely reason to be optimistic and energized going into the bye.

rbmarmy
New Recruit

Post by rbmarmy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Was not Bateman that played us tough as HC at Ball State. He may know more than we know. .....Just called Army AD office and left message this coach is one of the finest, we could have folded today and early it looked like we might, but he and his staff brought them back ...HUGE WIN After geriactric Ross, Sleeping beauty Ellerson, Greenspan buddy Berry, ....I give Brock a Pass ...../. this guy is the best , and he enter the frey knowing it was i made a committment just like the players .. THE FINEST

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:56 pm

I haven't seen a team quit like I did on Saturday when Buffalo folded its tent midway in the third quarter. They stopped their passing and simply ran the ball up the middle for the most part. Their passing was their only weapon and they just stopped passing and gave up. I noticed the very quick handshake Monken got from Coach Leipold at games end. He had to be mad the way his team just gave up. I don't blame him.
If Army had done that, no matter what the score, we would have all hit the roof with anger.
Did you notice the stands at the beginning of the last quarter? Nearly empty. Buffalo thought they had the game in hand after they scored quickly in the first quarter. That team was way overrated and pumped up after beating four poor teams. The got some reality last Saturday with a very poor effort once they realized they were over their head in this one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic