Playing 2 FCS teams in 1 season

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Army Frog Fan
New Recruit

Re: Playing 2 FCS teams in 1 season

Post by Army Frog Fan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am

RABBLE wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:22 pm
I would think the policy of playing a truly national schedule is good for the academy. As long as we play teams across the country, maybe we could stop using the ARMY WEST POINT moniker. If we did that annually, there would be no need to put the WEST POINT attachment to ARMY. all regions would know who we were simply by playing teams of every region.
And winning.
Reminds me of the funny story about Martellus Bennett, the former NFL tight end. When Army played against Texas A&M, Bennett was asked if he was excited to play against his former high school teammate. As one article tells it

"When Bennett was asked about facing former high school teammate Kevin Opoku when the Aggies take on Army on Saturday in San Antonio, he seemed a little confused by the question.

"I thought he went to West Point," Bennett said as laughter erupted from the media ranks.

"It's the same school? I thought it was two different schools. I didn't know it was the same school, so excuse my ignorance."
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:49 am

I hate the Army West Point name, i think it is stupid. That being said, I can't not tell you the dozens or hundreds of times in my adult life that I have had to explain that Army football isn't enlisted soldiers from the actual army....that Army is the same as west point.....that yes west point is a college just like your state university......etc..... And, in defense of those people, when i was first getting recruited for west point I wasn't crystal clear on the whole thing, either, at age 16 or 17.

Your average american, in my opinion, knows that West Point is that military school place. Your average american, in my opinion, does NOT know that Army football is the same as West point football.

I blame not the name west point, or Army, but rather the fact that we are the military academy not the Army academy. Navy is the naval academy, and people can draw the correlation. Air Force is the Air Force academy...people get it. But Army is the Military academy but we call it west point? Huh?

Anyway.....
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:49 pm

If Army is ARMY WEST POINT why is not NAVY, NAVY ANNAPOLIS?
If Army players are in the US Army has some people think, why aren't the Navy players in the US Navy as should some people should think?

Or is Army different? :(

The same with the Air Force and Coast Guard Academies.

AIR FORCE AIR FORCE ACADEMY and COAST GUARD NEW LONDON.

The WP academy is just being non sensible with this.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic