response to kfan12

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
michie29
New Recruit

response to kfan12

Post by michie29 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:38 pm

On an earlier topic, Kfan12 made what seemed to be a very prudent suggestion regarding the movement to private messaging for those posters (including me) engaging in an onslaught of insults. Although a very wise suggestion coming from a poster, seemingly uncomfortable with observing what might best be described as a meaningless display of immature drivel, as one of the guilty parties, I must decline the suggestion. Instead I have decided that the best course of action for me is to cease future posts.
I do this rather regretfully, for I have really enjoyed the voluminous discussions permeating the board since I began my participation twenty years ago. I was brought up in a family, one of whose maxims was "If you can't say anything positive about someone, then don't say anything at all." Thus I'm not comfortable engaging in activities predicated on the ability of participants to demonstrate a superior ability to launch the most destructive insult at another participant. OTOH, there were several siblings in this group, and very often one would vehemently ask another "Are you going to take that "S---+ from him? If yes, then don't bother coming home." Thus, an inherent need to respond to any and all insults, probably to my detriment.Frankly, though I find the practice to be obnoxious.
Some might say, and probably there will be more than a few, that you have thin skin and you can't stand a little criticism, especially about your somewhat faulty prediction record in the past two years,Truth be known I have revelled in my continuous failures. The SDSU and the Hawaii victories were among the most pleasing for me in many years. and I take solace in the fact that I haven't backed these choices with any cash.
Frankly, one of the most disturbing insults hurled in my direction was that I posted in a way to assert superior intelligence. and consequently demeaned my fellow posters with whom I was engaging. Nothing could be further from the truth. While I may have embraced very different opinions from other posters, at no time did I intend to diminish those sentiments by surreptitiously implying a greater cognitive facility than any of my fellow posters, The fact is that the words that emanate from my computer are most often the words that come to mind, Nothing more. Nothing less. If some, as at least one poster did, believed that I was engaging in pedantry, and appearances supported that, then mea culpa.
I've enjoyed the discussions on the forum for the past two decades and wish all of you posters continuous enjoyment as you probe the innards of Armywestpoint football.
Go Armywestpoint beat San Jose State!!!!
OUT
0 x

gabn92
New Recruit

Re: response to kfan12

Post by gabn92 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:25 pm

In case you are lurking michie29...I'll put my vote in for you to remain on the board.

I chalked your predictions for Army losses up to being burned too many times over the years of bad Army football that you were struggling with daring to hope and be optimistic again. That's a curable condition!

Let's keep the passionate discussions and debates going on the forum...without questioning someone's "Army card" or motive behind their post.
0 x

westcoastarmyfan
New Recruit

Post by westcoastarmyfan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Well said gabn92. Though I don't post often, I've enjoyed the comments of all, except years ago when some Navy guy was always ridiculing us.
I hope you reconsider michie92.
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Its a message board. every time I post that the sun is shining, Armorman says that it is NOT SHINING and that we are PC WARRIORS for believing that the SUN IS SHINING. IT IS NOT SHINING. and the SUN IS NOT HOT. IT IS NOT HOT!!!!!

heck rabble gets grief on here when Rabble is probably amongst the top 10 most loyal fans of any team in the United States. if anyone deserves some slack, its Rabble. But people on here give him grief.

My point? I hope you stay on the board. we need as many army fans posting as we can get. Ignore the idiots
0 x

armyhockeyfan
New Recruit

Post by armyhockeyfan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:35 pm

Wish I had the flow you do with words michie29, its like reading poetry every post. If there were no back and forth insults, then the forum would not be fun. I would hate if everyone agreed about joining a conference or if money games are great or if Scott Frost is making Nebraska a joke. Michigan fans like me laugh at the media saying how earlier in the year it was only the beginning of the Scott Frost era at Nebraska. Don't know how someone could turn a Big 10 team to shit that fast!
0 x

losttribe
New Recruit

Post by losttribe » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:06 pm

As long as you're a fan...hell, as long as you care...A LOT..about Army football, welcome. I like to hear peoples' different points of views.

Unless you're a supporter of Todd Berry...then never darken this doorstep again.

GO ARMY...BEAT SJSU
0 x

armyfan1993
New Recruit

Post by armyfan1993 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:49 pm

Agree. I hope you stay. It's ok to have differing viewpoints among passionate fans within a fanbase. If it was all an echo chamber, we'd be no better than mindless "yes men/women."

I hope you see these posts and I hope you stay, Michie.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Dear Michie29--

Please don't leave us. This comes from a guy who had had over 28,000 posts and probably 26,000 posts were of the negative kind toward the opinions I have.

I don't mind that a bit. I say what I feel all the time and many of those times I am in the distinct minority. I say , "so what !!" I am passionate about Army Football and have been so for over 75 years. I love this board and the ability to express my thoughts the way I feel as I know you do to.
With that said, "Nobody is going to push me off this board" I am respectful to all whether they give it to me or not.
If somebody ticks me off, I don't get mad and I seek no revenge but I will say this to all who may crap on me." Bring it on brother. I love the dialog!" :D
We need all of you on the board. It keeps my and hopefully you the adrenaline going. ;)
0 x

PrideandDream
New Recruit

Post by PrideandDream » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Don't be a quitter.

PD
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Talking about quitting. I think the Buffalo team quit about halfway thru the third quarter in the Army game. Coach Leipold sure looked mad as hell with his team and probably had a few words to say to his team on Monday.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic