Navy and the AAC

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
USMA76
New Recruit

Re: Navy and the AAC

Post by USMA76 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 am

For a large portion of the time Air Force was in the WAC, they were playing BYU. IIRC the Cougars pretty much owned that conference for about 20 years starting in the late 1970s. During that same timeframe, Air Force also pretty much owned the CIC trophy except for a few of the Jim Young years.

hammerdown
New Recruit

Post by hammerdown » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:51 am

Navy has done well and will continue to be competitive as long as KN is there. There 1st year in the ACC conference
play making it to the championship, set the bar to high going forward. This Army team under JM would have
had great success in C-USA. Back then we were a mess of a team. I have leaned to not joining a conference,
but when we end the year playing Lafayette and Colgate (I understand N. Texas bailed) its hard to get excited
for these games. Especially how great this team is playing.

ArmyFan1995
New Recruit

Post by ArmyFan1995 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:11 am

I will create 10,000 fake email addresses and spam Boo's inbox if we ever even consider joining a conference.

As long as the CBS TV contract holds up we really have no need to.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:23 pm

I think it was Al Vanderbush, our AD at the time, got interested in joining the C-USA after our success of 1995-96. Then Vanderbush left, in comes Rick Greenspan and his boy, Todd Berry, chucks the option and we get creamed in that league. We have no reason to join a conference again. We not only lost but we had to pay an exit fee to get out of the C-USA. We lost all around.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic