Rest of schedule

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ArmyinSoCal
New Recruit

Re: Rest of schedule

Post by ArmyinSoCal » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 pm

with perhaps EMU as the only game we would not be favored
Sagarin is the most comprehensive site for measuring teams. As of today, Sagarin would favor Army by 8. I am not sure when mid-terms are, but Army usually has a hard time that week.

Army Frog Fan
New Recruit

Post by Army Frog Fan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 am

RABBLE wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 pm
We lose to Colgate in the 11th game on our schedule, we would have a tough time getting a bowl bid. I'm not sure we would if we won every other game before Colgate.

That would put the team at 8-3, with Navy still to follow. There is not a Bowl in the Country that would turn down an 8-3 Army in favor of a 6 win team from the MAC or Sun Belt. I am pretty sure Western Kentucky in 2013 was the only 8 win team to not receive a bowl invitation in the last 10 or so years.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:37 pm

I don't know about that. Losing to an FCS team that late in the season, would not help our cause.

Alabama plays The Citadel in their 11th game of the season. If they lost to The Citadel ( :D :D :D) , they would never make the playoffs and probably would decline a minor bowl invite.

monkensminion
New Recruit

Post by monkensminion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm

We are not losing to Colgate. Relax.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm

I hope truer words were never spoken about Colgate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic