Rest of schedule

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Coach MC
New Recruit

Rest of schedule

Post by Coach MC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Suddenly the Air Force game seems a bit tougher now than it did two weeks ago. I think EMU, Air Force, and Navy remain the toughest games left, with perhaps EMU as the only game we would not be favored. I plan on attending the Miami and Air Force games. Again, with no obvious bowl tie-in, we would theoretically replace a conference team that is not able to fulfill a requirement. Army has made some noise nationally this year, and Coach Monken has received critical acclaim, so i can assure you we will be in a bowl game, it is just a matter of which one. I have seen the Armed Forces, Uniserv First Responders, Military, and Independence mentioned as potential destinations. Personally, I couldn't see us going to Annapolis, particularly since Texas and Louisiana are such fertile recruiting areas for us. My favorite would be the Independence, where a team like Cal or BYU awaits. And here is my outside the box pick. If we run the table the rest of the way, we could make our way to a more exclusive venue such as the Liberty Bowl, which is a higher profile game. We have already proven we can play with anyone in the country, particularly due to our ability to "shorten" games via the ground attack.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Re: Rest of schedule

Post by RABBLE » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:36 pm

I just want us to make any bowl and extend the season for a chance for another win. We have loads to do for that to happen. Let us concentrate on winning the next one (number 4 on the board!!) ;)

Armyfan
New Recruit

Post by Armyfan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:34 pm

I couldn't agree more RAB. Let's not count our chickens before they're hatched.

Brovol1
New Recruit

Post by Brovol1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:39 am

I would say the toughest two games left on the Army schedule are AF and Navy. Neither EMU nor Miami can be taken for granted though. Miami and Eastern are very comparable in ability. EMU has a stronger defense and Miami a better offense. Navy and AF are both having off years, but Both have a few weeks to prepare for Army, and considering the struggles both teams have had so far this year, I am certain Army with be the focus game for the remainder of the season.

I have not seen SJSU play much this year, but they have been "in games", even if they have lost. The long trip to the west coast and coming off a bye week are barriers for an offense which relies on timing and precision. Hope we knock the rust off quickly, as this too is a game which could bite a team.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:49 pm

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought we would lose three games--Duke, Oklahoma and Eastern Michigan.

GEEZ, I hope I'm wrong on the three losses and I hope it isn't Eastern Michigan for the third loss. I don't want a third loss or any more! :(

prairie
New Recruit

Post by prairie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Running the table on 6 games is not an easy thing to do. ESPN FPI gives Army a 34.1% to run the table. Only two other schools have higher odds.
Clemson is at 47.7% and Alabama is at 41.1% Granted that Army's schedule is not as strong as many programs for the rest of the year but 3rd highest odds in the nation to run the table? I'll take those odds.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:01 pm

If he were still with us, Bald Eagle would be proud of all this talk of "running the table". Maybe right now he is petitioning THE BOSS upstairs for the team to actually run the table. ;) I'm sure he is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic