Hair

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
guppie58
New Recruit

Hair

Post by guppie58 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Not to get all Ellerson on this board, but here's a topic some of my peers and I have discussed. I'm curious about the opinions on this board.

It seems the majority of the team has stellar haircuts. Without mentioning anybody out in particular, I've seen some haircuts that seem to be far from adhering to AR 670-1. I'm not talking "I forgot to get a haircut this week." I'm talking "I'm consciously styling my hair this way and nobody seems to have a problem with it."

Thoughts?

Furthermore, I recall West Point standards added further restrictions to AR 670-1 to include:
1. Hair: no longer than 3" on top, 1/2" on the sides, and not touching the ears.
2. Tattoos: no visible tattoos to be seen while wearing PT uniforms. (There were exceptions, as I had several classmates with tattoos from before they attended West Point.) I see sleeves on a LOT of the cadet players now.
Last edited by guppie58 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
It doesn't take better players. It takes a better TEAM.

PrideandDream
New Recruit

Re: Hair

Post by PrideandDream » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:42 pm

I would say that you better style your hair while you still got some to style. Who knows what happens down the road!

As long as I can't see it hanging out of the helmet it doesn't matter to me.

PD
0 x

guppie58
New Recruit

Post by guppie58 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:25 pm

PrideandDream wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:42 pm
I would say that you better style your hair while you still got some to style.
Too true. I think it's my jealousy that makes me question them. In retrospect, I know I pushed the boundaries as a cadet myself. I wasn't as high visibility of a cadet as some of these 1st string Army Football players, though.
0 x
It doesn't take better players. It takes a better TEAM.

Dude69
New Recruit

Post by Dude69 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Could care less about hair. Have not seen anybody close to sporting 'long hair'.

Not a fan of tattoos but it is the fad these days and many outstanding kids have them before they graduate high school. Took me a little time to get here but tattoos are not indicative of anything about a person. Haven't seen any neck or face tattoos on cadets. And the tats (getting hip man) I have seen aren't the drab murky poorly hard boiled egg ring color prison style tattoos. So I don't care.

AR-901: Tattoos shall not be of a drab murky poorly hard boiled egg ring color prison style and shall not be on the neck or face or knuckles.

No violations to date.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Just follow the rules on anything at West Point in my opinion. When you graduate in 4 years, follow the rules in the military whatever they are.
Simple answer.
0 x

PrideandDream
New Recruit

Post by PrideandDream » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 pm

7e5d7d0ac8194442f1bba4a49896c40a.jpg
7e5d7d0ac8194442f1bba4a49896c40a.jpg (119.75 KiB) Viewed 417 times
So not to pick on Bryce because he's been fantastic in his play these last few years but he did pop up in the weekly email this week from the A Club in how to follow the game.

1. Great hair! Wish I had a head full like that.

2. Not quite full sleeves of tattoos but at least down to the elbows. Certainly not uncommon to see/have tats in the military or amongst young people these days.

Not a tattoo guy myself. I just always try to remember that things go out of fashion and that your body ages. So will your tribal band or skull and cross bones look as cool once you don't have 20 inch biceps? What about once you get really old and you start to wrinkle or get some sun spots? Or just what if you want to work in the corporate world? Not that you can't but you will definitely be on the outside looking in on Business Casual day if you want wear short sleeves in Austin during July. When we get to neck and face tats I'm out.

I guess at least we aren't talking about piercings.

I'm fairly impartial to either of these topics but I will say this, Holland looks great in this uniform! Take that Ellerson!

PD
0 x

Dude69
New Recruit

Post by Dude69 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 pm

I liked number 65's hair today. And his tats.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Look at me now. I'm bald. Doesn't bother me a bit. I've been that way since I was a young dude. I'm used to summer tanning of my "ch rome dome". ;)
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic