San Jose State Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
BigNick
New Recruit

Re: San Jose State Game Thread

Post by BigNick » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:02 am

These slow starts by the Army football team are driving me crazy. We won 52-3 but were behind at the end of the first quarter. Against a good team we must be good from the opening kick-off.
0 x

gabn92
New Recruit

Post by gabn92 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Slow starts or excellent in-game adjustmentsbby the coaching staff?

Hard to complain after a dominating game like this one.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:25 pm

I think we are doing just fine. True, we start slow but finish fast and I think the reason is we dominate the TOP and wear the other team out by our punishing ground attack. You could see SJU just fade in the second half as did Buffalo. You hold the ball for a long period of time and the other team gets tired the longer the game progresses.
Not too long ago on this board, we all complained that WE were the team fading in the fourth quarter. I hope those days are long gone.
I don't see any other team use 5 fullbacks, if they use fullbacks at all, besides us. That alone has to wear out the defensive linemen. Depth is the answer and we are slowly attaining it thru out the whole squad.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic