Cam Thomas looked great today.

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
armyftball
New Recruit

Cam Thomas looked great today.

Post by armyftball » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:32 am

Nice acceleration when running.
0 x

ColdWarYushok87
New Recruit

Re: Cam Thomas looked great today.

Post by ColdWarYushok87 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:11 am

He did look like a fast runner but I am weary of him running the offense. Reminded me of Malcom Perry
0 x

armyfan1993
New Recruit

Post by armyfan1993 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:31 am

Was impressed with what I saw as well. Hopefully it's another full year before he gets put into a full-time role with Hopkins a year ahead of him and having one more year at West Point, so he has time to learn the offense better and develop as a passer. But having that running skill already is a major plus.
0 x

ARMORMAN
New Recruit

Langdon not too shabby lately either....

Post by ARMORMAN » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 am

He has nowhere near the athletic skills of Thomas, but he's a heady runner off tackle and he makes good decisions. Hope Thomas beefs up a little, because he is an excellent runner. Mostly, we need Hopkins to stay healthy this year and next. The offense is just scary-good with him and his arm in charge.
Btw, we have another good slot back, #16. Think he's might be a plebe, but he looked superfast on one jet sweep. And McCoy looked powerful as our NUMBER FIVE B back. That's ridiculous depth!
So what's the story on Cooper? He didn't dress. Was he a bad boy?.....
0 x

LoneStarPhan
New Recruit

Post by LoneStarPhan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:32 am

#16 Malik Hancock is a junior.
0 x

ARMORMAN
New Recruit

Post by ARMORMAN » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Roger, copy. He's fast....
0 x

gabn92
New Recruit

Post by gabn92 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Haven’t seen Thomas pitch the ball yet. Not sure if sample size is too small, or he has a tendency to keep it or rely on FB.

Lots of potential though! Excited to see him mature and hope to see more of him in upcoming games as Army can build a lead and let Hopkins rest.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:41 pm

I was awfully scared for everybody in the program when Kelvin went down early. I said to myself, we are in trouble from now on in this game and the future of the season. Thanks for his speedy return. As usual, the announcers never said what happened to him (as usual) and I got down real quick at the moment. It was great to see him return out of the medical tent and get back on the field.

Does any one know what his injury was?

A heart attack I don't need. ;)
0 x

oldgrad74
New Recruit

Post by oldgrad74 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 pm

gabn92 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:33 pm
Haven’t seen Thomas pitch the ball yet. Not sure if sample size is too small, or he has a tendency to keep it or rely on FB.

Lots of potential though! Excited to see him mature and hope to see more of him in upcoming games as Army can build a lead and let Hopkins rest.
I think maybe up to 50% of our offensive plays were designed QB runs following the FB just off tackle. I didn't notice a single play when we were rotating QBs that looked like the pitch option was in play.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Any sophomore, just like a dog, has to be "groomed" to make the "Best in Show" at Westminster.

Like Cam Thomas who also has to be "groomed" to make the Best in Show" at Michie Stadium ;)

Its called practice, practice and more practice.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic