Am I Dreaming?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
oldgrad74
New Recruit

Am I Dreaming?

Post by oldgrad74 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Am I dreaming or did we play poorly and win 52-3?

By poorly I mean the offense was not crisp. We weren't blowing SJSU away up the gut and we were gaining just enough yards to keep the chains moving. SJSU gave up after their first TO in the second half.

This is not a criticism, it is a mind blowing experience from being the recipient of games like this (check score from 73 A/N). I can't wait for us to hang one of these on Navy!

A casual observation, our kids are getting bigger and they seem faster, especially on defense. There was one point where I remember seeing Darnell Woolfolk on the sideline talking to someone who looked a foot taller and just as wide as him. I know Darnell is listed as 5'9" but he is wide and this fellow was just as wide.

Is Andy Davidson hurt?
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Re: Am I Dreaming?

Post by wpgrad » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:07 pm

oldgrad74 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:02 pm
Am I dreaming or did we play poorly and win 52-3?

By poorly I mean the offense was not crisp. We weren't blowing SJSU away up the gut and we were gaining just enough yards to keep the chains moving. SJSU gave up after their first TO in the second half.

This is not a criticism, it is a mind blowing experience from being the recipient of games like this (check score from 73 A/N). I can't wait for us to hang one of these on Navy!

A casual observation, our kids are getting bigger and they seem faster, especially on defense. There was one point where I remember seeing Darnell Woolfolk on the sideline talking to someone who looked a foot taller and just as wide as him. I know Darnell is listed as 5'9" but he is wide and this fellow was just as wide.

Is Andy Davidson hurt?
Without question a key for Army is depth. Over my 30 years have seen it repeatedly where starter goes down and Army backup has no business on a D1 field. Thankfully those days are gone and by 2021/2022 i think it will be even more so. Monken is doing everything needed in all aspects and i truly believe its just getting better
0 x

webdude
New Recruit

Post by webdude » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Is this what heaven is like?
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 pm

webdude wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:00 pm
Is this what heaven is like?
Heavens gonna be one of these coming years where we beat our 1 big boy team on our schedule and run the table and make them have a SERIOUS conversation on why army beats (michigan/Tennessee/lsu) and is 12-0 and needs to be in the playoff. Thats my bar for monken. I think he can do it
0 x

monkensminion
New Recruit

Post by monkensminion » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:33 pm

I’m not sure we played poorly, but I do agree that is took a full quarter to start the engine turning. One thing I have noticed about this team is that the defense sometimes takes 1 or 2 possessions to get going. I attribute that to great in game coaching by Bateman and his staff.

I truly believe this is the best team we’ve had in the past 30 years. I know many will disagree (some citing 1996) but I think this team is on the cusp of greatness.

I also love the comment about the football playoff In the coming years. That might be a stretch, but I do think Monken can beat one of these big boys and If the pieces fall together we could be ranked in the Top 10 in the years to come.

But first things first........I think the atmosphere at the Air Force game will be electric in a few weeks. Biggest game in Michie in a long time. It’s been so long. I’m so happy.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 pm

wpgrad-

It is a matter of perception.

Alabama can play The Citadel , go undefeated, and be ranked number 1 in the country.

Army could beat Michigan, play Lafayette, go undefeated and still be not ranked in the top 10.

Everyone would say, " Army's day is long over. They were good 70 years ago but not these days." You can't change perception by most pundits.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic