Navy Score Update

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
A1USMA86
New Recruit

Navy Score Update

Post by A1USMA86 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Attended Navy Temple in Annapolis over the weekend and they decided to flash no Army score the entire day despite playing at the same time. It was very odd to see all the other scores posted, but not ours. It was clearly on many of their minds, because if tailgate talk means anything , they see a freight train heading in their direction.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Re: Navy Score Update

Post by RABBLE » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Why the nerve of the stadium scorekeeper! ;) I don't think Navy is too pleased by much of anything going on right now in college football.
0 x

rbmarmy
New Recruit

Post by rbmarmy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Navy lost to Temple after losing to Air Force, but the December Saturday is known for the unknown so lets keep working.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Playing Navy is NEVER, EVER, a given. Never has and never will be.
0 x

laxman44
New Recruit

Post by laxman44 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Never ever think that navy will not bring their best to the Army game. I was shocked by their performance against AF. 3 straight! Beat Em!
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:17 pm

I think navy will be 3-8 heading into our game, and I think we will be 9-2. that being said, I think it will be an incredibly close game. I do think that the pendulum has shifted and I think we now have better coaching and more talented players. But through the years we've seen underdog teams win this game. In 1950, Army was ranked 2nd in the country (wow, imagine something like that today) and lost to a bad navy team.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:45 pm

In my opinion, the A/N game in 1950 was the all-time Army upset loss of all time. We had a 27 game winning streak up to that game and Navy had a losing record. We were favored by 27 and the best we could do that afternoon was score a whopping 2 points, losing to Navy,14-2. I watched that game on my black and white TV, and I was stunned out of my mind when that game was over.
We were pre-season favorites in 1951 for the national championship and Blaik was building another powerhouse like the WW2 years but I was stunned even more than that Navy game when on August,3rd, of 1951, the news broke that the whole Army team was thrown out of West Point on that cribbing scandal. End of the greatest period in Army Football history. We never made the top again.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic