Do you want the Cherry on Top after a Great Army victory over Air Force?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
armyftball
New Recruit

Do you want the Cherry on Top after a Great Army victory over Air Force?

Post by armyftball » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:42 pm

FINAL SCORE

CINCINNATI 42
NAVY 0
1 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Re: Do you want the Cherry on Top after a Great Army victory over Air Force?

Post by wpgrad » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:47 pm

I feel so, so bad that navy is 2-7
2 x

DoubleOvertime99
New Recruit

Post by DoubleOvertime99 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Theoretically they could win 4-in-a-row and still go bowling, but I think UCF puts the nail in that coffin next week.
0 x

WrekDivr
New Recruit

Post by WrekDivr » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:52 pm

I just can’t find it in me to feel bad for them.
1 x

gabn92
New Recruit

Post by gabn92 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:06 pm

The A-N game is their season at this point.

Generally, I like to see all 3 academies win...but truthfully, Navy having a down year is a little guilty pleasure to see...
2 x

LoneStarPhan
New Recruit

Post by LoneStarPhan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:45 pm

It really is hard to feel sorry for Navy. I also have often rooted for them to win other than when playing Army, but all those years of beating up on Army has hardened me. :)
2 x

GoBlackKnights85
New Recruit

Post by GoBlackKnights85 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm indifferent about the way Navy performs in every game but the last one of the season. With that said, their struggles this season make me smell blood and I want to pound the ever-loving stuffing out of them in Philly for once. The nail-biters of 2016 and 2017 made for high drama and a great deal of national attention to the rivalry, but let's repay the treatment they gave us during the 2000s. They showed us zero mercy when we were down and out (and they certainly shouldn't have) so let's hang 30-40 on them and play like hell to shut them out. I've never had the pleasure of watching Army genuinely smack Navy around the field, and I think none of us here have besides Rab (1949 was the last time we handed them a bona fide blow out). Let's change that in one month.
2 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Yes, I sure do remember the 1949 game. we won it , 38-0, in the last game of our last undefeated, untied team. We sure did dominate that game which I saw but they got back at us one year later which I still believe was Army's biggest upset loss when , as a 28 point favorite , we lost to Navy 14-2. It was the last game of Army's real national dominance (save 1958) in history.
I really learned how to lose hard that day in 1950. Then disaster. On August 3rd, 1951, the impossible happened. The cribbing scandal broke Army's heart and mine too as we went down to a 2-7 record after being pre-season favorites to be the 1951 national championship favorites. Our program was decimated.

I learned a lesson that day in 1950, ( December 2nd to be exact).

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER UNDERESTIMATE NAVY NO MATTER HOW GOOD OR BAD THEY MAY BE AT ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!!! To tell you the truth, we play better as an underdog when we play Navy. That's an historical fact.

Actually, I am very concerned as the possible favorite this year. I want 2018 written on our side of that trophy even tho we have already RETAINED it but right now, we have not won it. Beating Navy, we WIN it !
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic