Hard Team to Root For

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
losttribe
New Recruit

Hard Team to Root For

Post by losttribe » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:25 pm

https://gazette.com/sports/david-ramsey ... 86d84.html

Other than the long pass completion, thought it was the team's worst offensive performance of the year. Nice to have bulletin board material ready to go for next season
1 x

prairie
New Recruit

Re: Hard Team to Root For

Post by prairie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:59 pm

Usually it's the fanbase that talk nonsense like this. These AF kids are punks. I can understand saying things on the field during a game. They clearly cannot control their emotions or their mouths with a microphone near them. Talking a big game after a loss.
1 x

gabn92
New Recruit

Post by gabn92 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:16 am

Add the insult of their mascot getting injured to this mix as well.

Mark your calendars for Colorado Springs next year because it will be a grudge match. They will be out for blood...post this crap in the locker room this off season and use it to stay focused so we can make it 3 in a row next year.
1 x

PrideandDream
New Recruit

Post by PrideandDream » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:54 am

This isn't new. They've always been a bunch of punks. And that is a great word for them. Who says this kind of thing after a game??

You lost!

We lost some games in my time but I don't think I ever thought for one minute that team wasn't that good. And I certainly wouldn't say it.

I mean look, ok let's assume we aren't that good, which maybe we are not, but we just beat you so if you understand that logic it means fundamentally you are worse than we are. Which again would explain to me why you wound up at Air Force and not at West Point.

I think a lot of this stems from Calhoun and just the USAFA culture in general. I've always found it to be a strange bunch.

PD
2 x

Mack270
New Recruit

Post by Mack270 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:56 am

Space Cadet Howdy Doody can't control his players.

Perhaps a rousing analogy to how the Romans eventually overcame Hannibal and the Carthaginians after suffering multiple defeats in the Second Punic War will motivate them for next year.
2 x

thedoc85
New Recruit

Post by thedoc85 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 am

Pretty big talk from a team that's beaten Navy (2-7), just shaded a 2-7 UNLV squad------and beat Stony Brook.
2 x

USMANole
New Recruit

Post by USMANole » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:52 pm

If Air Force didn't believe it...they wouldn't say it.

All this talk demonstrates is that after 15 long years...we are respected again.

Beat Navy!
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Went to airborne school with a bunch of them. Total punks. They have a rich kid elite prep school snobiness about them
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:11 pm

You think the earth bound Air Force cadets are bad, when we play the United States Space Academy (USSA) those guys will be really spaced out !! :?
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic