AP Poll

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ArmyFan1995
New Recruit

AP Poll

Post by ArmyFan1995 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Wow ranked #29 what a season
0 x

gabn92
New Recruit

Re: AP Poll

Post by gabn92 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:41 am

If we keep winning I think we will be ranked before Navy...more a function of teams above losing than quality of next 2 wins.
0 x

DoubleOvertime99
New Recruit

Post by DoubleOvertime99 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:16 am

Yeah, it's just a matter of attrition at this point. Beat Navy to get to 10-2, that's pretty hard to ignore.

Could use some help from Boise State to cause some chaos in the MWC against Utah St and Fresno St, but I don't know if they're strong enough this season.
0 x

ClassVI
New Recruit

Post by ClassVI » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Hey everyone,

A lot of people are mentioning how rankings will change after we play Navy. That will not happen until after all bowls and the CFP are finished.

The AP/Coaches/CFP Committee polls will pause after the conference championship weekend, which is before A/N.

Therefore, in order to be ranked before the bowls, we would have to be at 9-2 before Navy. Personally, I believe that there is very little chance we will be ranked after playing two FCS teams, unless we blow them both away and if several teams in the polls lose.

My opinion is that if we are ranked, it will only happen at very end of the year if we run the table, including our bowl game.

I could be wrong, and I hope I’m wrong, but don’t get your hopes up.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:40 pm

FIGHT FOR FIRST !!! From 29 to 1.
I mean how good can Alabama be? We could take 'em, beat 'em up and have them for dinner. How good do you think Tua would do to our smash mouth defense and crisp bull nosed offense? We would "moider dem bums !!"
And you can stick my note on their bulletin board too. See if they would like those apples!!

Thank God, we 'aint playin' 'em. :D
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic