Coach N rumors

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
FSUBulldog0
New Recruit

Coach N rumors

Post by FSUBulldog0 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Hearing rumors that he’s a strong candidate at Arizona. Seems like he’s a candidate every year somewhere. Thinking he’s going to move soon.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... ssion=true

wpgrad
New Recruit

Re: Coach N rumors

Post by wpgrad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Would love to see him go. Would love to see Navy hire their version of Todd Berry or Bobby Ross. Or Stan Brock. Or Ellerson

ARMORMAN
New Recruit

they're too smart to hire a "killer b" or a mister smithers....

Post by ARMORMAN » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:32 pm

besides, Niumatowhatever's heir apparent is already there.

hiangle6
New Recruit

Post by hiangle6 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:00 pm

I believe that Coach N's replacement is on staff (Coach Jasper). Coach Jasper appears much more competent than I would want. Let him follow N to Arizona and force Navy to pick between the croquet coach at St John's and some other equally unqualified person.

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Coach Jasper has well publicized family medical issue. Not sure he would want to move family to Arizona, and not sure he could devote necessary time to be a Division 1 Head Coach.

I don't think its automatic that he'd be the heir apparent

USMA76
New Recruit

Post by USMA76 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Quite a testament to Coach N's reputation that every time there's a coaching vacancy anywhere in the western US his name pops up. Personally, I'd like for him to stay at Navy and for he and Jeff Monken to continue to strengthen both sides of the Army-Navy rivalry and make it increasingly relevant on a national scale. Besides, as much as I like winning the Navy game, it's a lot more meaningful when you're beating a coach of Niumatalolo's stature.

DoubleOvertime99
New Recruit

Post by DoubleOvertime99 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm

USMA76 wrote:Quite a testament to Coach N's reputation that every time there's a coaching vacancy anywhere in the western US his name pops up. Personally, I'd like for him to stay at Navy and for he and Jeff Monken to continue to strengthen both sides of the Army-Navy rivalry and make it increasingly relevant on a national scale. Besides, as much as I like winning the Navy game, it's a lot more meaningful when you're beating a coach of Niumatalolo's stature.
I'm ambivalent about it.

THE STREAK™ consisted of mostly lay-ups against bad Army teams. I wouldn't mind getting a few in return.

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:03 pm

I’ll take 6/8 layups in a row. Then hope they hire a good coach

armyfan1993
New Recruit

Post by armyfan1993 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Ken N turned down the job. He's staying at Navy.

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:56 pm

The interesting part of this is what happens to Jasper. Now that Niomatolol has turned down BYU and Arizona, I think it is safe to say he will finish his career at Navy. Jasper is 46. Is he really going to wait 8 to 10 more years before he cashes in as a head coach? Big difference between coordinator money and coach kens 1.8million

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic