Nutrition Center added to O'Mara-Malek-Dawkins Center

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.

wp1994
New Recruit

Re: Nutrition Center added to O'Mara-Malek-Dawkins Center

Post by wp1994 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm

It’s a big part of the upgrades currently in progress to the existing weight room facility in the Kinsey Center. It should pay dividends for all of many the teams that use the facility.

Beat ‘em!
0 x
Beat 'em!

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:19 pm

I guess not eating with the rest of the Corps, the athletes won't have to eat with the whole school anymore at one time.
Its called a "Nutrition Center" instead of Washington Hall.
0 x

PrideandDream
New Recruit

Post by PrideandDream » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 am

Frankly, Washington Hall should be a nutrition center for all Cadets. However, this is in direct response to the general lack of Nutritional Well being supplied through the mess hall. Nutrition is fundamental to building great athletes. We say every cadet is an Athlete but then we don't really back up our words with comprehensive support like Nutrition and Sleep. We've done a much better job with facilities across all sports over the last two decades now we need to up our game with food and rest. This isn't just about football but it will start with football. Just like corps squad tables. I'm not positive on the origins but if I had to guess I would assume that was in direct response to the needs of football players and then made it's way across all competitive sports. Therefore largely benefiting the corps and not just football players. Just my opinion so someone correct me if that is not the case.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:31 pm

If all the cadets do not good nutrition or decent sleep, how the hell does the academy get off by scheduling teams that are bigger, stronger and more talented than we are?
What are they? Pawns in the bigger scale of things?
Money maybe? :roll:
0 x

Mudent
New Recruit

Post by Mudent » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 am

I would like to see how the new Nutrition Center will be used. Will the team eat supper together after practice at the Center? Will they eat other meals there? How about off season? What about other athletic teams? In past years didn't we have a problem with corps squad cadets being treated differently than non-corps squad cadets which created an unacceptable "us vs them" separation?
Agree with P&D and Rabble, nutrition, quality and amount of food in Washington Hall need to be upgraded.
GO ARMY!
0 x

PrideandDream
New Recruit

Post by PrideandDream » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Here's my take on the "us vs. them" issue. I don't think the corps has a challenge with some things that are different. Some small percentage may not like it but I think most understand that as athletes and students they all have some different needs and demands across all corps squad and even club squad activities. I found in my time the biggest issue was when you got some different treatment then you weren't competitive. Our student body if you will is just like anyone else. They love winners and they expect to win. So if you are gonna get something that is different they then expect to see that play out on Saturdays. Now let's not forget that players still have to go to class and pass, abide by the honor code, and complete the necessary military training. But in the end the biggest issue people will have is why you get treated different but don't produce any results.

PD
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic