Academics lead Army’s starting LT to ‘pursue degree elsewhere’

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.

gabn92
New Recruit

Re: Academics lead Army’s starting LT to ‘pursue degree elsewhere’

Post by gabn92 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Bummer to see him go.

What do you all think...we knew it would be a bit of a rebuilding year on the O-line already. With his departure, how much tougher does this make it for the O to return to form?

Anybody hearing anything one way or another about Bradshaw's case?

FSUBulldog0
New Recruit

Post by FSUBulldog0 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:10 pm

It is disappointing. You don’t see many upperclassmen leave for academic reasons.

I do think it makes the OL a bigger question mark than it previously was. We have some other guys with Experticity but replacing 4 guys is harder than 3. At some point we should always have a firstie-dominated line. I’m just not sure our depth is at that point yet.

FSUBulldog0
New Recruit

Post by FSUBulldog0 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:11 pm

As to Bradshaw, he’s not listed on the spring roster so I’d assume he’s not coming back.

gaetano01
New Recruit

Post by gaetano01 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:23 am

So, he owes the Army time or money right?

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Very disappointed in Kurz's loss' Unusual to see a rising senior leave because of academics,
Our OL needs to be rebuilt.
I assume Bradshaw is not coming back.
Can you imagine the backlash of a 5th year senior at ANY civilian school with a year of eligibility left NOT coming back to play? He would be drummed out of that school. Only at a service academy. No wonder why only a precious few even want an academy.
Now Chris Carter is a question mark this season.

With all this going on, we got strikes against us even before spring practice begins.
Wouldn't it ne nice if we could catch a break before the pads are even taken out of storage?
We got a tough year ahead for the football team.
Will it be 1997 again after a great 1996 season? I am officially uneasy. :cry:

Geez!

FSUBulldog0
New Recruit

Post by FSUBulldog0 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:58 pm

gaetano01 wrote:So, he owes the Army time or money right?
Not sure. We had a guy in my company fail out Firstie year and he didn’t have to pay back either. If I remember correctly he took his transcript to another school, paid an application fee, and left with a degree. If Kurz didn’t leave of his own volition and it wasn’t a discipline issue then it’s possible he won’t have to pay back $ or time.

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:10 pm

FSUBulldog0 wrote:
gaetano01 wrote:So, he owes the Army time or money right?
Not sure. We had a guy in my company fail out Firstie year and he didn’t have to pay back either. If I remember correctly he took his transcript to another school, paid an application fee, and left with a degree. If Kurz didn’t leave of his own volition and it wasn’t a discipline issue then it’s possible he won’t have to pay back $ or time.
Same In my case individual had drug issue. Failed test (two i think). Left school end of junior year, no payback, graduated from other college the same month we graduated from WP. Had a different classmate get caught sex in barracks. He had to serve 5 years, the woman cadet got 80 hours and graduated. So there is definitely not a one size fits all outcome.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:22 pm

What about the rule that says after you begin your first day in class of your junior year, you are committed to active duty in the Army for 5 years?
If you leave of your own volition, you pay back the tuition for the time you were enrolled at the academy or you serve two years of enlisted active service. Is that true or not?
I believe it should be to my way of thinking.
As taxpayers, WE must be compensated one way or another. No one should get a free ride.

prairie
New Recruit

Post by prairie » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:49 am

FSUBulldog0 wrote:It is disappointing. You don’t see many upperclassmen leave for academic reasons.
I've seen some leave during/cow year due to academics. Usually because of Electrical Engineering (Juice) that everyone had to take. My observation is that it was always the Dean's choice, never the individual. I thought this had largely gone away with the variety of majors and courses cadets can take.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic