Practice begins in 4 days

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
New Recruit

Practice begins in 4 days

Postby RABBLE » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:44 pm

So, practice begins in 4 days and still no report on who or who is actually participating in 4 days.
Can somebody wake up and tell us what the heck is going on?
It would be appreciated.
Like maybe Bradshaw, Carter or the availability of new names on the offensive line.
Maybe they are still inquiring as to those who MAY try out this spring.
Who is well? Who is hurt? Who are still deciding about trying out for the team?
Who is which, where and maybe, or not or those switching to Orientering?

Mastergate
New Recruit

Re: Practice begins in 4 days

Postby Mastergate » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Bradshaw not returning, Carter not on roster LB Grady out.RB Franklin gone, Tight End Kirk not returning so they'll never be a Capt Kirk

RABBLE
New Recruit

Postby RABBLE » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Bradshaw not returning. Carter not on roster. With Kurz leaving school and having to replace 4 of 5 OL starters, this team appears to be in a lot of trouble not only to keep the CIC but also winning enough games to qualify for a bowl bid.
Take away a possible Navy win to that game being not counted because of its late date and 1 of 2 FIC games not counting towards a bowl invite, that leaves Army must win 8 of 10 remaining games to qualify this season for an invitation.
In my initial opinion, we just 'aint gonna do it in 2018.
You lose Bradshaw and Carter and Kurz even before the first day of spring practice, we already have 2 and a half strikes against us.
Why Bradshaw is not returning is either his wish not to play or the Supes order, this team has lost an awful lot to repeat last years success.
The only thing I have to say is Bradshaws absence would NOT happen at any other university in the country and that includes Navy( Nap McCallum) and AF with their assorted 5th year former players and redshirts galore on all other teams that play football.
We always seem to beat a different drum than any other school in the country. That is why our recent lack of a decent program for the past 2-3 decades is in the shape that this program has been largely in.
I'm angered and upset.
Amen.
And not a damn word from Army Sports with just 2 days before spring practice starts. What a bunch of baloney.

wpgrad
New Recruit

Postby wpgrad » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:19 pm

Regarding bradshaw, if he were my son....(I am at that stage in life).....I'd tell him to go on and go serve and move on with his life.

I hope carter returns but I don't find his absence very surprising.

Replacing OL is the nature of service academy football. We'll be okay

ArmyFan1995
New Recruit

Postby ArmyFan1995 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:26 am

Good give Hopkins a shot.

Woolfolk / Davidson / Holt / Slomka / the New Mr. Outside Bowl winning 2 pt. Converting Walker / Asberry / Hobbs / Cooper / Cline - X

Gibson, Riley, Sharp, McClinton, Nachigtal, Christiansen, Brinson - X

Assuming everyone stays healthy we might have one of the best Ds we have seen in a while.

O won’t skip a beat. More skill players and the 4 horsemen at FB.

Plus everyone else who got a taste last year - Boudreau, Parker, Reagan, Schrage etc.

ArmyFan1995
New Recruit

Postby ArmyFan1995 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:59 am

And I know there is not going to be any hangover.

For starters Monken would never let it happen and there are so many guys coming up, guys who got hurt. They are going to come out ferocious.

We start the season w 4 sept games including 1 at Oklahoma.

We come out of it 3-1.

We then get a bye week before traveling to San Jose (which is the farthest we will travel all year). Then it’s 7 straight weeks of ball starting w SJSU.

With the final 2 weeks a Navy tuneup w Colgate & Lafayette.

And then 3 weeks off til the big day.

My God.

Navy .... goes to Hawaii, San Diego (to play ND) and New Orleans on Thanksgiving weekend. They have same bye week as us and assuming they don’t make the conf champ game will have just 2 weeks before playing us.

It is for sure going to take a toll on them.

I digress. We doing season predictions yet?

12-1

guppie58
New Recruit

Postby guppie58 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:11 pm

RABBLE wrote:Bradshaw not returning. Carter not on roster. With Kurz leaving school and having to replace 4 of 5 OL starters, this team appears to be in a lot of trouble not only to keep the CIC but also winning enough games to qualify for a bowl bid.
Take away a possible Navy win to that game being not counted because of its late date and 1 of 2 FIC games not counting towards a bowl invite, that leaves Army must win 8 of 10 remaining games to qualify this season for an invitation.
In my initial opinion, we just 'aint gonna do it in 2018.
You lose Bradshaw and Carter and Kurz even before the first day of spring practice, we already have 2 and a half strikes against us.
Why Bradshaw is not returning is either his wish not to play or the Supes order, this team has lost an awful lot to repeat last years success.
The only thing I have to say is Bradshaws absence would NOT happen at any other university in the country and that includes Navy( Nap McCallum) and AF with their assorted 5th year former players and redshirts galore on all other teams that play football.
We always seem to beat a different drum than any other school in the country. That is why our recent lack of a decent program for the past 2-3 decades is in the shape that this program has been largely in.
I'm angered and upset.
Amen.
And not a damn word from Army Sports with just 2 days before spring practice starts. What a bunch of baloney.

Oh my...I thought your cynicism had started to fade after this past year. Have you looked at the schedule? Have you looked at the other talent that the coaches have?

Bradshaw was great this year, but he certainly wasn't everything. Army had a well-oiled triple option machine going, and I would have been confident with the backups having to play in any of the games. Army has other quarterbacks with other strengths, to include passing. The coaching staff will know how to run an offense that utilizes said strengths.

This will be a third consecutive winning season for Army, and a second consecutive 10+ win season.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Postby RABBLE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:45 pm

wpgrad-
Bradshaw graduates in December.
The only thing that Bradshaw can serve this fall is his last semester at WP and a fifth year of football. I feel he will regret putting a final touch on his brilliant career. But of course, its his decision unless the Supe made it for him. That we will not know. We never do.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Postby RABBLE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Fan1995--
Anybody can say that we will not skip a beat but brother you lose the best QB since McAda (over 20 years ago) you take a big hit-a really big one in my opinion.
He was a guy you can't replace since he was the HEART of this team in 2017. You can name anybody else coming back but Ahmad made this offense click- I mean really click.
If he had another year of eligibility and had the Supe's approval ( I say IF), why he would not use it just baffles the hell out of me. I say he will regret his decision later on in life.
But I 'aint Ahmad. If I was, I'd be on the field as quick as I could to get my gear on.
But I 'aint.
Maybe Hopkins will turn out OK, but I sure would like to have Bradshaw on the field.
So would 99.5% of all other schools whose kid had a year left of eligilibity. These schools would practically "demand" it.

Return to “Black Knights Alley”