3 game series with Georgia State

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
keco616
New Recruit

3 game series with Georgia State

Post by keco616 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am

I'm absolutely not a fan of Corrigan's scheduling. We're playing Georgia State three times in the next few years, with 2 of those games on the road.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewA ... =211703563

Georgia State. Having 2 of the 3 games at home?
0 x

keco616
New Recruit

Re: 3 game series with Georgia State

Post by keco616 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:29 am

http://www.fbschedules.com/2018/03/umas ... schedules/

Also, we see UMass appear on the schedule for 6 consectuive seasons in the future
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:19 pm

You are missing the big picture here.

2 games in georgia, playing a team we should beat, in the state that is currently our head coach's number 1 recruiting zone? 2 opportunities to show off our school in the recruit's backyard? I hardly think that is a bad idea.

Army under monken sells to kids. Any recruit that was in Fort Worth and saw our line blow people off the ball for 4 quarters might just be thinking...man, I want to play THERE. If we can go to georgia, win games, show off the program....in a recruiting hotbed? I don't see the downside.

UMASS is a division 1 local school the type that historically has led to good attendance. The reason why we play colgate and lafayette and fordham and schools like that that are all 1-AA. This will be a d-1 game that counts towards a bowl game against a local area team that should hopefully lead to good attendance.

I like both
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

I never complain who we play as long as we play 6 HOME games at Michie AND stop scheduling these annual "MONEY" games, always on the road and always double digit underdogs.
"Money "games AWAY are not competitive games one bit and never will be except to satisfy the balance sheet to fund 27-28 other non paying sports, half of which I believe we do not need for a school of 4,400.
If you want sport at the academy, make 90% of them intramural or Club.
0 x

oldgrad74
New Recruit

Post by oldgrad74 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:37 pm

They will play these games at the former Turner Field which is now being called Georgia State Stadium. It looks to have been reconfigured and seats 24,333 for football. I would hope more than 1/2 of the crowd will be Army supporters.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Hey, by the time we play them, Georgia State might be a powerhouse.

I'm sure we will be more Stony Brooks and Yales in our future. It's only a matter of time, maybe after our present staff is gone.
0 x

armyftball
New Recruit

Post by armyftball » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:37 am

Remember that UMASS band at Michie a few years ago?

They were pretty impressive.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic