Spring Practice

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ArmyRoadFan7
New Recruit

Re: Spring Practice

Postby ArmyRoadFan7 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:10 am

BigNick wrote:I am surprised that we are getting almost no information about Spring Training.

Sal Interdonato must have field hockey to cover.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Postby RABBLE » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Sal has no word at all whether Ahmad can play this fall or not. If he can't get a word, the academy is tight-lipped on the subject.
He suggested that it may be the new Supe coming in this fall who will decide. If so, it should be Caslen's call I would hope.
I don't think the staff knows either. Somebody has to know by now but it sure isn't any of us including Sal.

USMANole
New Recruit

Postby USMANole » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:24 am

Is Chris Carter practicing or is he done as well?

Mastergate
New Recruit

Postby Mastergate » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:20 am

Carter is done the new Supe takes over after graduation no one even knows if Bradshaw wants to come back. Might just be good timing to start grooming new QB

ARMORMAN
New Recruit

Bradshaw rumor

Postby ARMORMAN » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:21 am

Bradshaw's former academic advisor, a close friend of mine who is now a Battalion Commander at Ft Bliss, told me last week that Bradshaw stated in a text 6 weeks ago that he is now "graduating with his class in May". If true, that would explain everything except the black hole of official information....

wpgrad
New Recruit

Postby wpgrad » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:40 pm

As I've said, zero to be gained by Ahmad returning. The media would have a field day with it, fairly or not. if he was my son, I'd said "great career my boy, now its time to go to the Army."

Word on the street is Carter IS still possible for the fall. He just won't participate in spring ball.

This season becomes the test of Monken's program. If he is a fisher deberry/Paul Johnson/Ken type of coach, and I think he is, then he has to be able to re-load. So, go find 3-4 lineman that want to kick ass like last year did. Go find a QB who won't fumble and can make reads. And leverage the strenght of the 2018 team (which I think will be their defense).

I am confident we will see a 9-10 win team, a win over one of the Academies, and a bowl game. And just 3 years ago that would have seemed like a Unicorn.

Mastergate
New Recruit

Postby Mastergate » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Part of 2018 season might depend on 3 straight road games all over the country Oklahoma, Buffalo, San Jose
Let's see what they look like coming out of summer camp

RABBLE
New Recruit

Postby RABBLE » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:25 pm

Poor schedule in the area of home and away timing. Three straight weeks of traveling all over the country on successive weeks is a bit too much. We are away for one solid month between 9/22 and 10/20 with away games in the southwest, the east and the far west. A week off the end of September and then in less than a month (10/20 and 11/17, we have 4 home games with only a low tier opponent away in Eastern Michigan during that time frame.
Yes, people will say we can not pick and choose when we play but the schedule is still very much lopsided.
2 home games in September, 1 in October and 3 in November.
So much for the fall foliage we could expect playing at Michie in October.
Outside of Air Force, the home schedule appears not to be a big selling point for folks to take in a home game this season.

Return to “Black Knights Alley”