2024 Schedule Now Includes Lehigh

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Oliphant
Warrior

2024 Schedule Now Includes Lehigh

Post by Oliphant »

0 x
21-17!
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: 2024 Schedule Now Includes Lehigh

Post by wpgrad »

If this is true, we are going to open up with an easy opponent and then we are going to have an 11 game gauntlet of one good game after the next not to mention two service academy games and then probably the Notre Dame game. For those who wanted to join the conference, you will see the impact of that desire next year. I am very concerned we will not physically stand it
0 x
hammerdown
Warrior

Post by hammerdown »

wpgrad wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:18 pm If this is true, we are going to open up with an easy opponent and then we are going to have an 11 game gauntlet of one good game after the next not to mention two service academy games and then probably the Notre Dame game. For those who wanted to join the conference, you will see the impact of that desire next year. I am very concerned we will not physically stand it
Navy has been in the AAC for years, and are currently 3-3 in conference.
Army beat UTSA who is tied for 1st at 6-0. Half the teams in the
conference stink. JM will get the offense figured out, and
Army will do fine in the AAC.
3 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

The reason we opened on the road for game # 1 in recent years is so the cadets would be able to take a couple of days off for Labor day weekend. Since August 31 is the start of that Labor Day weekend, probably the cadets will have to stick around for the Lehigh game since attendance is mandatory at all Army home games.
Just the very beginning of the new regime in the AAC. They will now DICTATE our schedules from now on.
The days of calling our own shots will be over.
The administration wanted the AAC and now they got it. I will not feel feel sorry for them one damn bit. They chose the money over the welfare of our cadets and the angst it will cause among not only the Corps but fans like me who will be forced to watch a cascade of nondescript teams showing up at Michie for the balance of every season. For one, I personally don't give a damn watching teams like Tulsa, UAB, Memphis and Florida Atlantic and the other flotsum and jetsum teams of the AAC.
So we beat a couple of them? So what! Once every decade we win a tin trophy. Big deal and over who?
The only one that matters is the CIC Trophy anyway. Fans will get bored after a few years and begin to stay away. Young folks will not want to come and see Army against South Florida and the like. No reason to.
They will stay home and watch the big power 5 teams play on TVnd I would not blame them one bit. Cheaper too.
West Point made one helluva mistake joining the AAC except for one big thing.
MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY_MONEY.
I hope everybody will love the new east stands which will be the king size ego booster for those who built it.
No additional seating of course but then, they wont need it because nobody is going to show up anyway when we play Alabama Birmingham and the like. They didn't show up the last time we were in CUSA. Why should they now?
The biggest mistake Army ever made in the history of their football program and I've been around for 75 of them, more than half of their years.
0 x
3seconddelay
Warrior

Post by 3seconddelay »

I think the move to the AAC will make the end stage of college football as we knew it even less enjoyable as an Army fan. But who are we kidding? When was the last time Michie stadium was even close to sold out? I’ve had season tickets since 1995 and I can count the sell outs on one hand if any of them even count as sell outs. Hopefully when it’s down to the final Power 2 conference with their ~ 80 teams, this semi-pro league will leave the NCAA so the have-nots left can have a somewhat true student-athlete CFB championship competition. I see no place in the Power 2 for the service academy teams unless they abandon their mission.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic