Army Navy Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ArmyBone92
Warrior

Re: Army Navy Game Thread

Post by ArmyBone92 »

wpgrad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:51 pm
ArmyBone92 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:38 pm Ugly, Ugly, Ugly, Ugly lousy win. I can’t believe I’m so angry after an Army win over Navy. The whole coaching staff needs to answer for this crap product. I don't know if I’m angrier at Thatcher or whoever the hell coaches defence. Or Monken for presiding over it all.
6 wins. CiC trophy. And you are complaining??????
You’re right. Some time has passed. My dear wife presented me with a coffee cup that says, “Tears of Navy Fans” on it. All is right with the world for another year. I just wish coaching staff didn’t make winning so excrutiating.
1 x
area walker
Warrior

Post by area walker »

We won. Enjoy. Have lost games where we were prettier. Ove we won. Enjoy Army Nation.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

We won the CIC Trophy and I am overwhelmed with satisfaction.
We played much too soft on the secondary defense once they realized we were not covering the sidelines. Time after time in the second half, Lavatai kept completing those short perimeter passes and for the whole game we never adjusted to any of them. I got frustrated to see what was happening late in the game because of it.
Anyway, we won the Trophy and avoided a losing season. For that alone we did pretty good after losing 5 games in a row..
1 x
Army41
Warrior

Post by Army41 »

Obviously I’ll take the win but why do we make it so hard , terrible call by the refs , that ball did hit the Navy -layer on that punt and just one false start penalty and we put the game away , now I’m going to look for defibrillators on Amazon it’s thought to take these games but it’s my birthday and I will be celebrating the win and the CIC
2 x
area walker
Warrior

Post by area walker »

We won. Enjoy. Have lost games where we were prettier. Ove we won. Enjoy Army Nation.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

kfan12 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:01 pm Great first half by Army. Great D going into the last five minutes of the game.

Got ultra conservative on O, and just didn't move the ball. Had nothing to do with Navy's D. Just about as conservative as you can play offensively in the second half without going into victory formation on every drive.

Gotta give credit to Navy's D. Daily threw three touchdowns in that game that were knocked down at the last second by Navy DBs. Just good plays on both sides of the ball. Army could have easily been up 28 in the fourth quarter. Really liked the wildcat look with Udoh. Think we could have gotten a few more first downs with it.

Hard to figure why Woody didn't tell the outside DBs to plant their feet at the first down marker or move up 5 yards on D when Navy started exploiting the 10-yard cushion. Had em playing as though the Navy receivers had world-class speed. Nearly gave the game away.

Hell of a stop on Navy's final play. I think if they pass or do pretty much anything but run up the middle, Navy probably completes the comeback.

We likely don't win that game under center.

Good W. Gotta be more aggressive on offense to the seal the win.
Good overview of the game. 6 wins in the last 8 Army Navy games. Not sure I believed that would ever happen. The difference between Army today and pre-JM is hard to overstate.
0 x
stash76
Warrior

Post by stash76 »

Happy Birthday Army41. That's a nice birthday gift. I hope you have many more with wins.
0 x
Army41
Warrior

Post by Army41 »

Thanks greatly appreciated, hopefully many more wins
0 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

I have a feeling that I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night thinking that another angle of the replay indicated Navy's QB scored on the final play. Reminds me of a game vs. Eastern Michigan a few years ago when Army had a 14 point lead with about 5 minutes left - EMU scored2 TD's and were stopped about an inch from the goal line on the 2 point try at the end.

Thank goodness for no bowl game. Anything after this is bound to be anticlimactic. Who would've thought after the UMass game that this team would take home the CIC? I think my blood pressure is finally stabilizing.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

JKillerK wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:05 pm Even the announcers were questioning the soft defense and three down line men. It never works for any team. It just shows you that the coaches never really watch other footballgames. even a casual fan will tell you that the QB has to be pressured and the receivers covered like flies on s T.
Yeah. That soft defense, well and another push-off by a receiver, allowed Alabama to beat Auburn and ultimately end up in the playoff. just can't give a QB who can throw the ball at all that much time.
0 x
BG
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic