New Tight Ends Coach Cheston Blackshear

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
PrideandDream
Warrior

New Tight Ends Coach Cheston Blackshear

Post by PrideandDream »

Cheston Blackshear Announcement

Interesting hire to the staff. Blackshear has a decent looking resume with some lengthy experience as a coach and a player.

PD
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: New Tight Ends Coach Cheston Blackshear

Post by WrekDivr »

My first thought in reading that was “Future O line coach?”
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

A tight end coach?
Why do we need a tight ends coach?
Hell, we have used a tight end player in years to catch a damn football.
What a waste of money.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

RABBLE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:20 pm A tight end coach?
Why do we need a tight ends coach?
Hell, we have used a tight end player in years to catch a damn football.
What a waste of money.
Well. This guy may be able to teach them to block and catch when the ball is run or thrown their way. That's a good thing. IMO
0 x
BG
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Geez, I remember those days when the team had 4-5 assistant coaches. Now we have a coach for every position on the team plus trainers, quality control experts, grad assistants and a whole horde of sideline people who appear to be standing around doing nothing but soaking up the sun on a nice day. You got guys in the press box working like hell and those who appear to be writing their PHD disertations.
Then you have your sideline folks who seem to just be standing around plus the end-zone photographers clogging up all the open spaces.
I remember the old days when the rule was that NOBODY could be on the sideline except SEATED players
and one standing coach.
I remember those days when a players pants covered their knees. What ever happened to that rule? Today their pants are so short they barely cover their crotch. What a world !! ;)
0 x
hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

RABBLE wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:23 pm Geez, I remember those days when the team had 4-5 assistant coaches. Now we have a coach for every position on the team plus trainers, quality control experts, grad assistants and a whole horde of sideline people who appear to be standing around doing nothing but soaking up the sun on a nice day. You got guys in the press box working like hell and those who appear to be writing their PHD disertations.
Then you have your sideline folks who seem to just be standing around plus the end-zone photographers clogging up all the open spaces.
I remember the old days when the rule was that NOBODY could be on the sideline except SEATED players
and one standing coach.
I remember those days when a players pants covered their knees. What ever happened to that rule? Today their pants are so short they barely cover their crotch. What a world !! ;)
Christ, Rab. Are you able to do anything but bitch about the way things have changed? I am no spring chicken (c/o 90) but I've found that if I just accept the things I cannot change and enjoy the things that are still there, my life if much better. I appreciate how long you have been a fan and your devotion to Army Football, but I sense that your devotion is to a thing that no longer exists and that you are not actually a fan of Army football as it stands today. I also realize I am not going to change your mind, but fuck, it just sucks that you are so negative all the time. End Rant
4 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Target!
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

ARMORMAN wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:48 pmTarget!
Take a hike in your tank, Armourman!
Stop your criticism of me. I am the most dedicated Army fan you will ever see. I am not negative at all about the team I have loved for seven and a half decades. Pretty good for a guy who never attended West Point.
True, I see change of which sometimes I do not like so much and I express it on this forum. So what?
I'm not hurting anyone but enjoy expressing my opinions on the forum.
I live and breathe Army Football. Don't anyone accuse me of my disloyalty to any Army team good or bad. That is unfair, unjust and it is just not so.
Why do I travel up to WP to see not only the football team but to other sports as well all the time ?
I enjoy the 2- hour ride up and the 2-hour ride back because I love and respect the place. Always have and always will.

Yeah,"'target". :roll: :roll: :roll: You appear to be an aging old man who loves to criticize. Please, knock it the hell off.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

It just makes it kind of tough to follow the board or have a discussion when every single post gets a multi-paragraph diatribe about things that often aren't even related to the subject at hand. This particular post wasn't even about a conference, the schedule, or whatever. It was simply about the name of the new Tight Ends coach and a link to his bio. And that prompts a huge screed about how many people are on the sidelines these days (not to mention that position coaches are hardly a new invention. Bill Parcells was the LB coach here in 1966, so nearly 60 years ago and the Wikipdia page for the 1945 team lists a "line coach" and a "backfield coach.")
4 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I have a picture in my collection of the coaching staff in that era. We had 5 assistants shown. No individual position coaches at all. Budgets in those days could not afford any more coaches. I used to go to Michie for $4.50 per ticket and 8 to 10 thousand fans would show up.
Roads were poor those days with no NJ Parkway and major roads elsewhere. It took 4 hours to travel up there to see a game and four hours back. A 12- hour day when you stopped on the way home for a dinner.
The old Route 35 in Jersey and 9W from the GW bridge was the only way to get to the academy then.
One good thing was the game would start at 2PM and the parade at 11 thirty or noon. Plenty of time to make it for the parade. You would get home late but so what? You always saw a good area team as your opponent.
Today? 60 bucks a ducat, tolls, mediocre food, noon start with parade at 9 AM and you are already home with daylight to spare. Then you see a team from faraway Tulsa. You STILL have to get up before dawn to make even the parade. In the stand til 3PM when the game is over, and you can still get sunburned for at least two hours post- game if you want to while the blowers fan you after with the garbage being tossed around being cleaned up.
It may be one of America's top venues to see a college football game, but you still have to work hard to get the experience of it all.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic