A/N tickets

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
New Recruit

A/N tickets

Post by RABBLE » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:43 pm

A/N tickets are $119.00 per ticket and tickets are based on giving to the A club with the highest donor getting first chance on availability all the way down to the RANGER level which is the lowest level. You may purchase the amount of tickets to the amount of giving.
I have 2 season tickets and I am allowed to purchase 2 A/N tickets. If I want more (like one more) I have to wait for my tiered date which is the lowest because I contribute at the Lieutenent level which is 200 to 375 dollars. My tiered date is July 6th, if I want another ticket and if any are left, you wait until your assigned date to purchase another ticket.You are charged 50 bucks on your season tickets which is counted towards you total A Club giving
Lets say I contribute 225 dollars its actually a 275 contribution because when you buy 2 tickets season tickets you are being credited 50 bucks to your total contribution .
I was on the phone this morning with my "representative" ticket Master and I think my thinking on this could be accurate but who knows? At my age, nothing said to me is concrete. Am I right or is it so complicated , it takes an Einstein to figure this out?
Who the hell figures this stuff out anyway?
Besides I have been going to Army -Navy games since the 1950's and looking over my saved ticket stubs, my first price in the old Municipal Stadium was a "crisp" 12 bucks for a sideline seat on the 40yard line.
I could get the same deal these days at the Linc for a crisp 25,000 donation to the A Club plus a $119 ticket plus tolls on the NJ Turnpike both ways and a 30 buck parking ticket.
AND the damn Hot Dogs were a helluva lot cheaper back then too. Of course we sat on benches those days.
Man those toilet seats were sure cold and your hands were so cold, you couldn't zipper your pants. That didn't make a difference tho. We just wore long coats to cover your front so nobody noticed the difference.
Yup, " Wev'e come a long way baby!" ;)
0 x

ArmyRoadFan7
New Recruit

Re: A/N tickets

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:27 am

I would just not donate money this year and buy your tickets off of the secondary market. I had to sell 4 tickets last year and trust me it was very much a buyers market. This will be the third year in a row the game is in Philadelphia and Navy is likely to have another down season this year. So I would expect the demand for tickets will be even lower for this year's game.
0 x

Mastergate
New Recruit

Post by Mastergate » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:48 am

Been season ticket holder since 95, every Army Navy except 1 now I have 8 season seats but only allowed 6 Army Navy tickets so I have to make a decision who goes who doesn't no way looks like a TV game to me for now on
MOST DISPLEASED WITH THIS CHANGE. Appears to be screw the list ng time supporting fans as they told me looking to broaden people coming to that game
0 x

ArmyFan1995
New Recruit

Post by ArmyFan1995 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:48 am

I can get you free tickets - just let me know how many you need
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:51 pm

ArmyFan1995 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:48 am
I'll take 2 clubs.
0 x

armyftball
New Recruit

Post by armyftball » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:31 am

ArmyFan1995 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:48 am
Is that offer just for him? :)

I would like two if possible.

Hey, doesnt hurt to try! :)
0 x

keco616
New Recruit

Post by keco616 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:12 am

Also displeased with the way tickets are disseminated for this game.

Lifelong season ticket holder, I was given seats in the nosebleeds. I sold them for face value, then personally updgraded myself via Stubhub. In the section I sat, there were plenty of parents of plebes for example, none affiliated with the football program. They all left by halftime when 'the pageantry' ended. Section was more than half empty in a 3 point game in the 4Q.

This is now the priority for Army Athletics. What was the last time they did something for the benefit of their season ticket holders? Can't think of any with the rising costs.... no upgrades to concessions, worse parking and security nightmares, lesser AN priority, multiple FCS teams on the home slate, a bogus PSL if I wanted to expand my allotment of season tickets.... what have they done for the fans as of late?
0 x

prairie
New Recruit

Post by prairie » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:23 am

keco616 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:12 am
what have they done for the fans as of late?

I agree with a lot of what you said. But we should remember that the program has done the most important thing it can for the fans: Put a consistently winning program on the field.
1 x

keco616
New Recruit

Post by keco616 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:21 am

Agree on the winning program part, but that core objective should be the focus every season dating back to 1890.

Its the business arrangement that is lacking. Army Athletics puts the fan connection low on the list of priorities. In turn, they'll play Morgan State on a beautiful late September day in front of 18k attendees.... but I'll get charged for it and the casual fan in the metro area will tune into the Mets and Yankees that day.
0 x

ArmyRoadFan7
New Recruit

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:39 pm

keco616 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:12 am
Also displeased with the way tickets are disseminated for this game.

Lifelong season ticket holder, I was given seats in the nosebleeds. I sold them for face value, then personally updgraded myself via Stubhub. In the section I sat, there were plenty of parents of plebes for example, none affiliated with the football program. They all left by halftime when 'the pageantry' ended. Section was more than half empty in a 3 point game in the 4Q.

This is now the priority for Army Athletics. What was the last time they did something for the benefit of their season ticket holders? Can't think of any with the rising costs.... no upgrades to concessions, worse parking and security nightmares, lesser AN priority, multiple FCS teams on the home slate, a bogus PSL if I wanted to expand my allotment of season tickets.... what have they done for the fans as of late?

Were you in the lower bowl last year? I think I am just going to buy off the secondary market and not donate this year to the A club.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic