Interim AD

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
3seconddelay
New Recruit

Interim AD

Post by 3seconddelay » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:52 pm

Dan McCarthy, USMA ‘90, has been named the interim Army AD. Good man Dan. He coached then oversaw the Sprint team for years, Director or Football Operations then Assistant AD under Coorigan. He’s a brilliant systems engineer and has been with the rebuild of the program from the get go. New AD should be announced around R-day.
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Re: Interim AD

Post by wpgrad » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Army is at that critical stage (and has been about a year). Monken is proven...gotta keep him (I think we are pretty good in this area). Caslen was THE BEST SUPE EVER. Had to replace him with a similar minded person (so far so good). Boo had his ups and downs but seemed on the right track the last few years. Personally, having talked to him early in his tenure when he had no clue on a specific topic (he was literally corrected by a Colonel in an ensuing conversation, wink wink), and then seeing him in 2018, I really think he matured/grew into the role quite well. This replacement hire is critical and this person MUST be a fundraiser--more money for coaches and money for the Michie Rebuild.

we shall see.....
1 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Re: Interim AD

Post by RABBLE » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:01 pm

I believe that Corrigan was contracted thru the end of this year's school season but obviously the hiring of an interim AD, Boo has probably left already.
There is been no talk that I have read about on the new possibilities for the AD position. Any thoughts on who it might be amongst us, the uninformed?
Whoever it might be, I sure hope he is VERY friendly to our head football coach and of course, all our other successful coaches who are on the staff at the present time.
Please, no new AD who might rock the boat on our new football smooth sailing ship.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic