ARMY WINS!!

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ARMORMAN
New Recruit

ARMY WINS!!

Post by ARMORMAN » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Collegiate National Boxing Championship yesterday in Las Vegas for the 10th time in the last 12 years, beating navy and af in the process!
Hoorah!!

USMA '69 well attended at the event... Constant '69, report!!
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Re: ARMY WINS!!

Post by RABBLE » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:51 pm

I would like us to better in Rifle where we have not scored so well in recent years. Shouldn't we always be contending in that sport considering what we are doing at WP?
I remember way back when Boxing was an intercollegiate sport but was decided by the NCAA to drop it from their calendar. I recall a couple of times way back in time when I saw WP in matches on TV from the academy.
Also I remember the time when some network had a show on TV where it showed celebrities showing off their private homes and the time Earl and Merle Blaik showing off their home at 1 Partridge Place, a home that was built for Blaik as an inducement to him to come to Army to coach the football team beginning in the 1941 season. I sure would like watching that episode once again if the video still exists today. circa-1950.

A lot of those old TV shows on Kinescope have been lost in time though.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic