AFB White House tweets.

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
armyftball
New Recruit

AFB White House tweets.

Post by armyftball » Mon May 06, 2019 4:07 pm

This tweet....

AND, the background picture on the twitter account is Trump with the entire football team.
0 x

guppie58
New Recruit

Re: AFB White House tweets.

Post by guppie58 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:07 am

So I just got around to checking out that tweet. I'm not a Twitter user but I was just curious to see what the American public had to say about the Army football team. I was disappointed, but not surprised.

A couple comments congratulating Army. One comment about how Army would be terrible if they had to play SEC teams. Another comment about how "unhappy" some of the players seem to be in the picture. Several comments about how the players were "forced" to attend in threat of UCMJ action.

Another thousand articles bashing Trump.

How is this the America that we live in now? A good news story that the President posted about a premier institution and success that the football team has had, and that post is universally responded to with unrelated hatred towards the President.

I'm currently deployed with hundreds of brave Americans putting their lives on the line every day. It's stories like the White House visit that pump me up. I shouldn't have read the comments...
0 x
It doesn't take better players. It takes a better TEAM.

PrideandDream
New Recruit

Post by PrideandDream » Wed May 08, 2019 7:39 am

Just remember Guppie that it's your sacrifice and service to the Nation that continues to allow Americans the right to say anything they want to include the most ridiculous and asinine comments.

Plus I still believe that the MAJORITY of Americans aren't the ones that have all day to randomly tweet on stories like this on Twitter. Many are too busy with work, life, and families to comment on how they really feel.
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Wed May 08, 2019 8:33 am

PrideandDream wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:39 am
Just remember Guppie that it's your sacrifice and service to the Nation that continues to allow Americans the right to say anything they want to include the most ridiculous and asinine comments.

Plus I still believe that the MAJORITY of Americans aren't the ones that have all day to randomly tweet on stories like this on Twitter. Many are too busy with work, life, and families to comment on how they really feel.
Stats very a bit, but only about 15% of america has a twitter account, and out of those accounts, most of the posts are made by a very small (15%) of the same people.

So....15% times 15%.....the majority of the posts represent 2.25% of America

Twitter is great for the initial post of information, but the replies are jibberish nonsense
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic