Sad News

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
GridironGrenadier
New Recruit

Sad News

Post by GridironGrenadier » Mon May 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Hello, my name is Patty, and I am Gridiron Grenadier's daughter. I wanted all of you to know that he died last Wednesday, May 8th. He loved Army Football more than anything in the world. He was very passionate about all Army sports, and loved coming here and discussing it with all of you. It meant a great deal to him to be a part of the group. Next time you have a beer, hoist one up for Joe. He would've liked that.

Thank You

Patty
4 x

Mastergate
New Recruit

Re: Sad News

Post by Mastergate » Mon May 13, 2019 4:56 pm

I will definitely do that along with my posse who attend Army football since 95
Very sorry for your lose will be greatly missed
1 x

BlackGrayGold82
New Recruit

Post by BlackGrayGold82 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Patty, I am very sorry for your loss. Your dad always had thoughtful comments and good spirit . . . never disagreeable.

Though I have never actually met anyone here, I have felt the loss of some of our longtime chatroom companions. Most of us have a strong passion for Army Football and West Point and that binds us strongly together . . . even when things get heated.

Thank you for coming here to give us the hard news on Gridiron Grenadier. Come here and visit with us whenever you can. Warm Hug of Support.
1 x
Black Gray & Gold Forever

A1USMA86
New Recruit

Post by A1USMA86 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:40 pm

So sorry for your loss and he was a valued member of the group. We are all true fans and I am so glad he got to experience the thrill of last season and see the program truly turn around. He can only be smiling with memories like we have had of late!
0 x

thedoc85
New Recruit

Post by thedoc85 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm

May he rest in peace.
0 x

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 14, 2019 12:38 am

Good grief. I was just thinking about him today. I went up to West Point and he gave me a tour and showed me around. A very wonderful man. He was a vital asset here on ArmySports.com helping with running the forum and moderating things. God bless him and his family.
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit

Post by wpgrad » Tue May 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Had the chance to meet Joe for Notre Dame game years ago. Love the good lifelong army fans who stuck with it through thick and lots of thin. BTAP
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue May 14, 2019 6:46 pm

I am deeply saddened by one of the boards "Old Guard" And someone who has been a part of this board for so long. He will be greatly missed for sure. My heartfelt sympathy to you Patty, and to your family. We have lost a dear friend of Army Football and West Point. May he rest in the hands of the Lord. God Bless you all.
1 x

PrideandDream
New Recruit

Post by PrideandDream » Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 pm

So sorry to hear this. He's been a long time member of this group and a valuable contributor. May he rest in peace!

PD
1 x

armyftball
New Recruit

Post by armyftball » Wed May 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Very sad to hear about GG. He will be greatly missed. Thank you for letting us know. He wont be forgotten.
1 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic