Renovation

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Renovation

Post by RABBLE »

When does the tear down begin on the east stands?
Anybody know?
0 x
Mastergate
Warrior

Re: Renovation

Post by Mastergate »

Rab started after this years graduation with some restrictions during events
0 x
JKillerK
Warrior

Post by JKillerK »

I drove by the stadium yesterday and as I said elsewhere, the project appears stalled because of potential cost overruns The offices under the east stands are still occupied and functioning. No construction equipment is on site and not even the seating has been torn up.
0 x
JKillerK
Warrior

Post by JKillerK »

I drove by the stadium yesterday and as I said elsewhere, the project appears stalled because of potential cost overruns The offices under the east stands are still occupied and functioning. No construction equipment is on site and not even the seating has been torn up.
0 x
Mastergate
Warrior

Post by Mastergate »

Could the hold up be the cost of those seats on east side $$$$
0 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

So correct me if I misunderstand, We are sacrificing 7000 seats in revenue, @$40 per seat for six games thats $280,000 per game or $1,1680,000 for a project that is shut down because of cost over-runs. It does not take a financial wizard to realize whatever the cost projections were in pre Covid 2019 they have probably doubled or tripled. The Wok culture is taking over the military, Where is Patton when we need him???
0 x
JKillerK
Warrior

Post by JKillerK »

They are or have already installed a new playing surface for Blaik Field.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I guess the folks at the academy were a bit to exuberant in figuring the cost of upgrades. I said a long time ago, slow down and in the meantime put some money into all the sections of the stadium that needs some fixing up. The original stadium is 99 years old this year and it could use a little tender care. Let us make what we now have like a brand new stadium that we can look at with more pride that even now we have.
Maintain what we have now before we attempt to add anything else.
I guess I am a sort of a conservative guy when it comes to money. ;)
0 x
Mastergate
Warrior

Post by Mastergate »

Could not agree more I have stated exactly the same thing maybe their thoughts were make it look good on tv and the $$$$ from seating there but there's more then just the east side o wait tv camera faces that way
0 x
JKillerK
Warrior

Post by JKillerK »

Went past the stadium today. It stands as it did at the end of last season.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic