AAC wants Army

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
westcoastarmyfan
Warrior

AAC wants Army

Post by westcoastarmyfan »

Pete Thamel of ESPN has an article that the AAC wants Army to replace SMU and is talks with Buddie.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: AAC wants Army

Post by wpgrad »

Lets hope not. Independence forever
1 x
rog66
Warrior

Post by rog66 »

God I hope not
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

I’m not sure about joining a conference, but if we do we could do worse than the AAC. They are not as strong as they were, but that is not a terrible thing. We seem to schedule a bunch of their teams anyway and I assume they would work it out so Army Navy could stay in its special spot.
0 x
palidog
Warrior

Post by palidog »

I think it is the right play for us. We need to be in a conference for scheduling reasons and the AAC is really our only choice....Frankly, I hope they take UCONN And UMASS too (only football) so there would be five northeastern teams, plus East Carolina, which is not that far away....
0 x
palidog
Warrior

Post by palidog »

I think it is the right play for us. We need to be in a conference for scheduling reasons and the AAC is really our only choice....Frankly, I hope they take UCONN And UMASS too (only football) so there would be five northeastern teams, plus East Carolina, which is not that far away....
0 x
armyftball
Warrior

Post by armyftball »

Nice to know they want Army.
Not interested.
Being unique isnt a bad thing.
West Point is a unique school.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

"Hey, Army, just kidding."

-AAC
0 x
21-17!
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

The problem isn’t the conference. The problem is they have said navy would be a non-conference game since it’s played after the championship game.

So that means we have eight conference games, plus navy and Air Force, and that only leaves two games extra for scheduling.

So assuming we always want to have the local FCS school like a lafayette or an Ivy League or Patriot league like holy cross, now we only have one slot left for any team whatsoever like lsu or Syracuse or troy.

I hate that idea.

Independence forever
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Just a plain NO if you want to win the CIC and be Bowl eligible.

OR

Just a plain YES if you want to make money.

And what AD doesn't want to make money??? They all do because the amount of money on their tenure, makes them look good on their resume and will bring them a better paying job in the future.
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic