UTSA Coach

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
westcoastarmyfan
Warrior

UTSA Coach

Post by westcoastarmyfan »

Traylor has a lot of praise for Army.

"Following UTSA's loss to Army on Friday night, Roadrunners' head coach Jeff Traylor began his press conference by putting it plain and simple: they were outplayed.

"Congratulations to Army and Jeff Monken. His team played an absolutely perfect ball game," Traylor stated. "They had zero penalties, zero turnovers, 85 snaps, 450 yards...They did a fantastic job. His team was very well prepared to play. Ours was not, and that's on nobody but me."

"We just couldn't win in the trenches. They physically manhandled us up front," Traylor added. "They did a great job with their scheme. They were one play ahead of us on all calls...We got outcoached. We got 'outphysicaled' and they deserved to beat us tonight."
Traylor was also complimentary of Army quarterback Bryson Daily, who passed for 133 yards and a touchdown in addition to rushing for 100 yards and a touchdown.

"The quarterback played an unbelievable ball game. The kid's a scrapper. A winner. We couldn't get him down."

Through three games, Daily is up to 334 yards passing with three touchdowns and two interceptions. The Abernathy, Texas native was potentially close to breaking another long run, but he tripped up while trying to make a cut.

"I just hate scoring long touchdowns, I guess," Daily joked postgame. "The hole broke and I guess I was just surprised at how open it was. I shouldn't have been because the o-line was providing those holes a lot today."
0 x