Credit to the Air Force Fans

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
USMA76
Warrior

Credit to the Air Force Fans

Post by USMA76 »

Ok, last Thursday I drove the 10 hours from my home in Oklahoma to visit my daughter and her family (who live in Monument, CO just north of the Air Force Academy) and to go to the game.

In the last two days, while wearing an Army hat and jacket around the area, I've had a number of Air Force fans stop me to congratulate me on the win and to be extremely complimentary of Army's performance on Saturday.

Frankly, I didn't know what to expect as often home team fans are rough on visiting fans--win or lose. The Air Force people I've encountered have been nothing but class and I believe they should be acknowledged as such and to express my thanks.

I also plan to post this on the Falcon Authority board.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Re: Credit to the Air Force Fans

Post by ARMORMAN »

Good to hear 76.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Credit also to Calhoun. In his post-game presser, he credited Army numerous times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoWGxd2Y5rA
0 x
westcoastarmyfan
Warrior

Post by westcoastarmyfan »

USMA76

My reaction the same. We are from Oregon, and my kids from Utah. We stayed at the Hampton so that we could walk to the game. At Saturday AM breakfast at the hotel, the Army fans outnumbered the USAF by about 3 to 1, and all were gracious. On the walk over I talked with some AF fans and I had the same reaction. We sat on the east side of the stadium and it was about 2/3 Army fans. Most the AF fans were on the west side. I sat next to AF fans and they were here and there. This is the first SA game that I have ever attended. There was good natured kidding between a few of us and some AF fans, but I didn't see any belligerent fans on either side. Each side was cheering for their teams and booing calls against them. I texted an AF friend of mine back in Oregon and his dad was stationed at USAFA when my friend was a teen. He was at a number of SA games, and his reaction was that it was always a good crowd--no NFL like fights.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic