Navy Projected to go to Bowl Game

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Navy Projected to go to Bowl Game

Post by WrekDivr »

CFN projects Navy to attend the Armed Forces Bowl on December 23 vs. New Mexico State. AF also projected to go to the LA bowl vs. Oregon State on December 16.

I was surprised to see Navy projected to a bowl as they are ranked 112 by CBS. At 3-5, CFN must be projecting that Navy wins 3 of their next 4 games. Their schedule includes:

UAB (3-6, line is UAB by 3)
East Carolina (1-8)
SMU (7-2)
Army (3-6)

Looking at their schedule, Navy should go 1-3 in their last 4 games with losses to UAB, SMU, and Army. I’m not buying the CFN projection, which is probably driven by the AAC tie-in to the Armed Forces Bowl.

https://collegefootballnews.com/bowl-pr ... ns-week-11
0 x
BlackKnight09
Warrior

Re: Navy Projected to go to Bowl Game

Post by BlackKnight09 »

Maybe if they don’t make it to 6-6, but we do, we get their Armed Forces bowl bid?

One can dream lol
0 x
hammerdown
Warrior

Post by hammerdown »

How about if both A/N are 5-6 going into Dec.9 (I know, big assumption),
winner goes to Armed Forces Bowl. Would sure add some more
excitement for the A/N game. Plus, the Bowl would get a lot of
publicity leading up to the A/N.
Last edited by hammerdown on Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Coach MC
Warrior

Post by Coach MC »

I allowed myself to think the very same thing about Army and Navy both being 5-6 with the winner to a bowl. Although quite a bit would have to line up for that to happen, including a waiver for our two FCS wins and Holy Cross and Coastal Carolina being wins. But man would that add even more to a game that is already on the national stage and includes the CIC trophy. I'm sure there a lot of reasons why this could not happen realistically, but nice to dream! I keep promising myself I will not think about the ULM and UMass games...
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic