Coach Monken on Pat McAfee Show

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ithurtstowatch
Warrior

Coach Monken on Pat McAfee Show

Post by ithurtstowatch »

https://youtu.be/xqesPw0TrcI?si=mCs-7GvKoC9yEtTT

Nice interview and discussion. Regardless of how we are playing, the fact that our guys are tough and are fighters is without question.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Re: Coach Monken on Pat McAfee Show

Post by ARMORMAN »

OK, soldier (after last Sat, I refuse to use your call sign), thank you for posting that wonderful interview. And for everyone else out there, watch this to remind yourselves about how fortunate we are to have Jeff Monken as the face of not just Army Football, but West Point.

He's just the best spokesman we could ever hope for. He himself espouses all the qualities we look for in cadets. He's a strong, honest, courageous, and intelligent alpha male. He's an unapologetic apex predator, and he loves West Point and the Army. Want him in my foxhole...

I hope we win out this year. Hope we go 6 and 6 with a CIC, and if we do, it'll be because Jeff's at the helm.

Hoorah.
1 x
monkensminion
Warrior

Post by monkensminion »

I totally agree with Armorman on this. Monken is a great ambassador for our school, for the program and for the Army. My dad (not a grad) who is close to 80 has said on more than one occasion that he “loves” Jeff Monken.
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Totally agree with the comments above. Great spokesman that makes me proud to be a WP grad.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

wasn't it like 9 days ago that everyone wanted him to fire his staff and accussed him of doing this new offense so that he can get a better job?
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

ARMORMAN wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:21 pm OK, soldier (after last Sat, I refuse to use your call sign), thank you for posting that wonderful interview. And for everyone else out there, watch this to remind yourselves about how fortunate we are to have Jeff Monken as the face of not just Army Football, but West Point.

He's just the best spokesman we could ever hope for. He himself espouses all the qualities we look for in cadets. He's a strong, honest, courageous, and intelligent alpha male. He's an unapologetic apex predator, and he loves West Point and the Army. Want him in my foxhole...

I hope we win out this year. Hope we go 6 and 6 with a CIC, and if we do, it'll be because Jeff's at the helm.

Hoorah.
We are hoping to win out because Monken dug us into the 3-6 hole by losing to freaking ULM and UMass.
0 x
21-17!
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

Oliphant wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:19 pm
ARMORMAN wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:21 pm OK, soldier (after last Sat, I refuse to use your call sign), thank you for posting that wonderful interview. And for everyone else out there, watch this to remind yourselves about how fortunate we are to have Jeff Monken as the face of not just Army Football, but West Point.

Hoorah.
We are hoping to win out because Monken dug us into the 3-6 hole by losing to freaking ULM and UMass.
Ha! For some on this board, if you don't like the coaching, wait a week or two!

It was great to get a win over the Zoomies, but, face it, they gave us the game. I'm not sold on this offense yet because it does not play to our strengths. And because we were up early, he did the smart thing and played it safe - kudos for that.

Just being a realist here. One game does not a trend make.
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

wpgrad wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:33 am wasn't it like 9 days ago that everyone wanted him to fire his staff and accussed him of doing this new offense so that he can get a better job?
I still think the staff needs to go. Monken can stay. This offense is horrible. Few teams are gonna give you 6 turnovers plus two 4th down stops.

PD
2 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic