Hung a 10-Spot on Holy Cross

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ithurtstowatch
Warrior

Hung a 10-Spot on Holy Cross

Post by ithurtstowatch »

Our offense sucks really bad. Who in their right mind looks at what we do on offense and says anything but this is just awful? What do we do well? Is there anything? We hold. We cannot pass. We cannot consistently run. We literally run QB left, QB right, QB up the middle.
2 x
Lusk2003
Warrior

Re: Hung a 10-Spot on Holy Cross

Post by Lusk2003 »

Agree. We need to go triple if we want to compete.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

As I have posted before, there is zero, none, zippo Chance that we are going to go back to an offense we just left after our head coach spent a few years researching it, fired his closest coaching friend, and hired somebody who he thinks is a new young upcoming mind.

Likely scenario is we add 5-7 under center plays, like we saw today
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

All this offense and we enter the AAC next year. Good :ord.
I can see a couple of wins out of 8 conference games for the near future.
We have now once again a league of mediocrity once again like the last time in C-USA.
Win a few and lose more than we win. Plus we face many of the teams we formerly played in the old C-USA days. We have lost our edge by playing the same offense like every team does now.
We did it for the money and not the wins. Attendance will drop playing teams like UAB, FAU, Tulsa, South Florida. Most fans will not travel to exotic places like Tulsa and Texas North ;) or will they come here.
But who cares? The guys in charge only concern is the expected influx of cash not wins really.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Without the penalties, we have a very different outcome today. HC stopped us on one series, all the rest were stopped by penalties. Our O needs to get a lot better, but the penalties were a bigger part of the issue than the scheme was today.
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

Only 5 penalties. Not good but are you telling me that without 5 penalties that we would have put up 17? Maybe 24? Against Holy Cross?

This offense sucks and it's all over the stats every week.

Last two weeks:

8 turnovers and 14 points off of those turnovers. That's actually pretty hard to do.

PD
2 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

What kills me is that we have a QB who would be very good running an under center TO. He runs hard, decent quickness. Instead we have him in a scheme where we see throws like the miss to Lingenfelter. That should have been the easiest TD we scored all year.
2 x
3Yards&Dust
Warrior

Post by 3Yards&Dust »

8 turnovers and 14 points. That is unbelievably inefficient. This is the worst offense I've ever seen. Plusses for this team: Great defense and the QB is very very tough. The new offense is embarrassingly bad.
0 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

And 20 years ago that man was named Greenspan. New oppense new moneyman, = same results
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

I'm not convinced it is a problem with the offense scheme in general, we should have scored 30+ points in this game based on play calling, but for two things:
1) errant throws by the QB on a couple of wide-open receivers; (credit Daily with one really pretty pass)
2) line blocking: We're getting next to nothing from the O-line when we run right. Over and over again, the right side of the line fails to notice defenders pursuing down the line of scrimmage and doesn't cut off or seal the end of the line, opting to look for a 2nd level block 3-4 yards past the line of scrimmage while the D flows in from the left and meets the runner at the line of scrimmage. I have to believe that is coaching and it is not on the play design.

I'll keep harping on it, we need a former O linemen or successful former O line coach involved in coaching the O line.

Caveat: we need under center plays for the 1-2 yard conversions.
0 x
BG
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic