Never forget…

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Re: Never forget…

Post by ARMORMAN »

kfan12 wrote:

I don't think anyone is enjoying watching the offense at this point, except for one game and a couple of halves this season. My point is that maligning the coach's intentions, especially accusing him of intentionally sabotaging his current team for personal gain is beyond the pale. He just said two days ago they will have to adjust the offense in the off season, looking to add back under the center plays. I don't know how long YOU will have to wait, but my hope is that he is more focused on getting the job done as soon as possible for the sake of the team, the institution and the fans."

ditto on your echo kboy
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Re: Never forget…

Post by PrideandDream »

kfan12 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:13 pm
prideandream wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:35 pm
kfan12 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:54 am

Aside from the fact you are quibbling over something you stated as fact, but have 0 evidence of.

Nice try, but when the coach has over and over again talked about the type of players the academy gets and running an offense that will work at USMA, stating that his potential to take a P5 job as the "reason" he changed Army's stagnate offense would mean he may not believe it will work but is doing so anyway because his priority is achieving that P5 potential. FWIW, not many colleges are going to hire anyone whom they think intentionally went against the best interests of their team in pursuit of personal glory. Bottom Line, there is no basis in fact that he changed to offense so he could gain more appeal elsewhere, and the only people suggesting that are one's who are unwilling to trust that he can make this work and improve Army's O beyond the short sight of a single season.
So how many seasons will it take? Just curious....and I only ask because this isn't the first team or coach to change a scheme in the offseason. There are numerous examples where schemes changed and teams kept on producing. Auburn went from the Wishbone to the I formation in '85, Bama changed from a heavy run to RPO when Tiffin came on board. And Offensive Coordinators change every year and many with continued success. So how many games do I have to watch where we don't produce offensively in multiple categories, points, yards, 3rd down conversions, etc before I can expect improvement. Last I checked we put up a whopping 7 points on Holy Cross in the 10th game of the year. But I suppose that is better than the ZERO points we put up against a horrific ULM team in Game 1 when ULM effectively had NO GAME film to even scheme up against us.
I don't think anyone is enjoying watching the offense at this point, except for one game and a couple of halves this season. My point is that maligning the coach's intentions, especially accusing him of intentionally sabotaging his current team for personal gain is beyond the pale. He just said two days ago they will have to adjust the offense in the off season, looking to add back under the center plays. I don't know how long YOU will have to wait, but my hope is that he is more focused on getting the job done as soon as possible for the sake of the team, the institution and the fans.
Sabotage? That's the worst part of this. He really believed it was going to work. And so far it hasn't.

It's not that we've lost games. It's that this offense has been a real disaster this year and as of last week has shown very very little if any improvement.

Maybe tomorrow things look different. I sure hope so.

PD
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic