One Bowl Predictor says IF Army Beats Navy they'll get an invite to the Armed Forces Bowl

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: One Bowl Predictor says IF Army Beats Navy they'll get an invite to the Armed Forces Bowl

Post by WrekDivr »

I like the scenario, but I have a tough time seeing a 5-7 Army team with 2 wins vs FCS teams getting a bowl invite. If we beat CC, then perhaps there is a chance this scenario plays out.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: One Bowl Predictor says IF Army Beats Navy they'll get an invite to the Armed Forces Bowl

Post by wpgrad »

What a time to be alive. Win 3 FBS games, lost a combined 80-0 2 weeks in a row and....congratulations, you are the Valvoline Oil Weedeater Bowl on December 17th in Waxatachie, Alabama.
2 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Totally agree. Let’s finish 6-6, win the CIC and forget about some useless 5th tier bowl no one cares about. I understand we leave money in the table if we don’t go bowling but honestly, at 6-6 it’s like getting a participation trophy. No thanks.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

That guy doesn't know how the bowl pecking order works. Army at 5-7 with two FCS wins, despite APR, would be behind other 5-7 teams because of the 2 FCS wins.
0 x
21-17!
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

USMAPAFAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:50 pm Totally agree. Let’s finish 6-6, win the CIC and forget about some useless 5th tier bowl no one cares about. I understand we leave money in the table if we don’t go bowling but honestly, at 6-6 it’s like getting a participation trophy. No thanks.
That is silly talk.

Bowl games are free adveristing and the chance for 15 more practices.
1 x
21-17!
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

No one is coming to Army because we limped into some bowl and had to have waivers to make it.
0 x
OptionThis
Warrior

Post by OptionThis »

But potential recruits may be impressed watching Army beat Missouri, Houston, San Diego State and take West VA to the Fourth quarter as Army has done in bowls over the past 8 years. Few of those kids will care how Army got there.

How can that be a bad thing, not including the 15 extra practices a bowl would produce as another poster noted ?
1 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

OptionThis wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:46 pm But potential recruits may be impressed watching Army beat Missouri, Houston, San Diego State and take West VA to the Fourth quarter as Army has done in bowls over the past 8 years. Few of those kids will care how Army got there.

How can that be a bad thing, not including the 15 extra practices a bowl would produce as another poster noted ?
I think the team may regress further if they have an extra 15 practices. They could actually get worse!

And you can't count on a bowl opponent turning over the ball 9 times so we have a shot at winning...
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

No doubt Army has had some impressive bowl victories in recent years. I just want us to earn the invite and not have to beg to get in on some technicality. Our national ranking is slightly above 100 after the HC win. If we win out we will probably be around 80. 80 out of 133 teams. This puts us squarely at the 40th percentile. Does this sound like a bowl team?? Maybe my gripe is that there are too many damn bowls to begin with.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic